How do I illuminate a side # plate holder.

Gladiator

.020 Over
I have seen the modifications on this site for side number plate installation and rear turn signal mods but I do not see any instructions on illuminating it.
I am contemplating leaving the rear turn signals alone but cutting off the number plate holder to show more of the back tire.
I need a simple solution to illumonating the licence plate.
Any ideas?

I have seen the modifications on this site for side number plate installation and rear turn signal mods but I do not see any instructions on illuminating it.
I am contemplating leaving the rear turn signals alone but cutting off the number plate holder to show more of the back tire.
I need a simple solution to illumonating the licence plate.
Any ideas?

Make sure it's legal where you live. I moved to Wisconsin last year and did a little research on the Wi DOT site. The vertical-mounted side plate is not legal here. $100 fine and a potential target for the MAN to pull you over. Not worth it in my opinion.

John

If your priority IS to show off more of the rear rubber, you don't neccessarily need to go for a SIDE plate and the complication (wiring included) often associated with it.

I'd recommend Rivco's plate relocation kit, part # TR3105. It'll enable you to mount the plate much higher and to bring the turnsignals almost flush with it. And, yes, it looks neat and it's a no-brainer installation-wise.

Best. Jamie;)

best. Jamie

Back