Homemade licence plates

I would be terribly surprised if it was legal anywhere in Oz. They DO fine people in NSW for using a home-made plate the same as the car plate, on bike racks where the car plate is obscured. According to pushbike forums, the charge is "false" plates, 3 points and a whopper fine. They're supposed to either move the car plate to the bike rack, or buy from the gummint an extra (small) plate with the same number, to go on the rack.

And, of course, it has to be reflective, and lit at night.

Only reference on NSW RTA site seems to be a statement that vehicles must display "official" number plates. Guess that covers it??

You would think that unless something is specifically illegal, by regulation, then it is legal. Maybe the word "official" is the cruncher?

We must not interrupt the gummint's income stream..............

Nope, Bones, same rules apply to diffs in all states.

Ah, piss off Ruzzle..................

With the Aussies being pretty much in the know, I really doubt that they would allow it any place. Hey, but what do I know, I live in the good ol' U.S.A. and you can't do it here at all. If you do and you get caught its called "fraudulent use of a license plate". Not good and very expensive. Plates are much cheaper and if caught you may get to make em for everyone for a few years legally.

Hooter , not entirely true believe it or not at least for ATV's in Wisconsin

Starting this summer if you ATV in Wisconsin you are required to have a rear mounted plate that the state WILL NOT provide.

Regristration stickers on front sides have always been required but are impossible to read at speed. ( this is supposed to curb illegal operation ..execcive speed/off trail ect).

Homemade plates are expected ( And to be kept readable.....yeah right ) and they are fining people already I've heard that don't have them. ( So whats stopping the scuffaws to copy someone elses #'s as they run foul of the laws?)

Car and Bike plates still require an orange jump suit I believe. heh heh

REALLY

These are "road use vehicles" to or just the ATVs? Never heard of such a thing and I thought I knew everything! LMAO....thanks for the info. Here they just require the ORV sticker and they take your money. Any vehicle that is to travel the roads (any) are required to be plated, but not home made. There are exceptions but all in all thats what the deal is. At least I learned something today.

Back