Home Made EB headlight relay harness

I just put Keyless link in my signature so lets take any questions on that over there or to PM :D

Last edited:
This could be made even easier by replacing the soldered connections with some Posi-loks (which are from what I gather super reliable) and then optionally putting shrink tubing over that to make sure everything stays in place. Nice writeup.

I have used these Posi-locks before and seen them fail! They are not bad for low current draws but that is all, properly soldered joint is as good as it gets, you don't need to worry about poor contact, mind that is as long as you make sure you do a good job of soldering the joint I also heat shrink and where possible in multiple layers then also give a good wrap of insulation tape

I respectfully hate to disagree with you there Hans, but Posi-Locks/Posi-Taps are a really excellent device and extremely reliable PROVIDED they are correctly* assembled.
(* that is the major caveat right there!)
I use the Posi-Taps on my KeyLess kit and have one installation on a Police bike that sees virtually daily duty with dozens of starts during its working day, in operation for 18 months now with no issues.
They are good option for those uncomfortable with soldering (and many are), although in this instance (as alternative to soldering) I would use the 1:2 crimp splices before the Posi-Locks, simply because of their bulk in the larger wire-gauge sizes.
There are also a couple of new version of the PosiLock incidentally, called the Posi-Seal and Posi-Tite - the first being a splash-sproof design (good for bike environment) and the other being completely water-tight (even submersible)

Do you sell this set up? If so Pm me the information not matter what site, and can guy like me set it up so no matter what Triumph he rides the same fob works for both bikes ?
Ok I am sold do you have the info where I can buy the system? And do you have a system for the 06 Sprint preferably one that will work for both to cut down on the amount of key fobs needed:)

I have used these Posi-locks before and seen them fail! They are not bad for low current draws but that is all, properly soldered joint is as good as it gets, you don't need to worry about poor contact, mind that is as long as you make sure you do a good job of soldering the joint I also heat shrink and where possible in multiple layers then also give a good wrap of insulation tape

Soldering takes some knowledge to do well, it's easy to half-ass it and get intermittent errors without sufficient skill there which is why I mentioned Posi-loks instead, would take most of the real skill required out of the equation once the parts and what goes where is described. I have no issue with soldering itself though for permanent installs.

We really should keep these keyless references in their own thread guys - the publicity is nice but maybe diluting the primary theme of this thread for the headlight relays.

Back