Interesting comment on the possibility that the Ramair might be restricting the intake with the bored throttle bodies. It is a fairly dense foam.

Short of running with no air filters, what would you replace it with?. On the old Triumphs we used to use a wire mesh filter that looked something like a K&N. It kept the big chunks out of the engine but let in a lot more air. Another was the one you might have seen on my 1967 when you were last at my place, a velocity stack with a screen.

Would something like either of the above be available or something you would consider to confirm your suspicions?

I switched back to the Pipercross PX-500 setup this morning, the feel is notably different, probably more due to the velocity stacks than the filter honestly.

I still plan on back to back testing the PX-500 vs RAMAIR vs unfiltered stacks.

You can try to describe it all you want. Until somebody actually gets to ride a beast like this, they will never fully understand. :sneaky:
I wanted to ride of the "Hot Rockets" in Stearns but it never worked out. No that is not another term for penis.

I have yet to get anybody to ride one of my Rockets. I think the same thing as was mentioned, every time I crack open my old 05 with Jardine system and tune. You'd have to ride it to understand. Not enough words in the dictionary to describe that torque. Can't even begin to imagine what you're feeling with that MONSTER!

Back