Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Today was sunny, about 65f, the bikes got about 100 miles since rebuild. I left work to come home, and punched it in 2nd getting on the freeway, first time going full throttle since I finished rebuilding it....

OH

MY

GOD

Front tire starts hovering around 6,000, click into 3rd at 7,800, up comes the tire a good bit more, lmao, big huge grin ear to ear.

I completely forgot just what kind of animal a built Rocket 3 is. I can now say where the bored throttle bodies made more power.... 4000-6500 now has a big fat torque bulge you can clearly feel. I'll also go out on a limb and say "RAMAIR is restricting top end power a little bit".

I cant wait to get it on the dyno saturday and validate my rear end calibration as well as compare RAMAIR to the Claviger PX-500+Stacks setup :p

So in love again.. so...in...love.

@Steel I know you can relate to the feeling ... isn't it amazing!!

The only new thing is the bored throttle bodies since the 265 kit. I am bubbling waiting to see where they changed the torque curve, it certainly feels broader and flatter to my ars, but, that could just be my brain readjusting to the big torque of the Rocket 3, hard to say.

Whats not hard to say though, its throttle is significantly more touchy than before, which I generally like. It takes some very fine throttle control to stay under the speed limits lol. Flat ground on the freeway in 5th, 5% throttle has me going about 90mph loool.

:eek::eek::eek::eek: Touchy throttle? With that much torque I’d be pretty paranoid about riding our twisties in first and second gear.

Its amazingly smooth though, not hard to ride, just a lot there, minimal adjustments required for legal speeds.

I can't say it enough, Robinson's trans work + meticulous rebuliding has yielded, hands down, the best, R3 trans I've ever felt. Just a touch of upward pressure, feather clutch, slides right into the next gear like butter. I have a feeling when he puts the new C clips on it lets him adjust the gaps, tightening it up a bit. As a result it's just snick snick snick, smoother than any bike I've ever ridden, not just rockets, anything. I love it. I should have done it myself the first time ....

Today was sunny, about 65f, the bikes got about 100 miles since rebuild. I left work to come home, and punched it in 2nd getting on the freeway, first time going full throttle since I finished rebuilding it....

OH

MY

GOD

Front tire starts hovering around 6,000, click into 3rd at 7,800, up comes the tire a good bit more, lmao, big huge grin ear to ear.

I completely forgot just what kind of animal a built Rocket 3 is. I can now say where the bored throttle bodies made more power.... 4000-6500 now has a big fat torque bulge you can clearly feel. I'll also go out on a limb and say "RAMAIR is restricting top end power a little bit".

I cant wait to get it on the dyno saturday and validate my rear end calibration as well as compare RAMAIR to the Claviger PX-500+Stacks setup :p

You can try to describe it all you want. Until somebody actually gets to ride a beast like this, they will never fully understand. :sneaky:

OH

MY

GOD

Dude wait till you get the Carbon wheels - the front never seems to touch the ground lol

The only new thing is the bored throttle bodies since the 265 kit. I am bubbling waiting to see where they changed the torque curve, it certainly feels broader and flatter to my ars, but, that could just be my brain readjusting to the big torque of the Rocket 3, hard to say.

Whats not hard to say though, its throttle is significantly more touchy than before, which I generally like. It takes some very fine throttle control to stay under the speed limits lol. Flat ground on the freeway in 5th, 5% throttle has me going about 90mph loool.
YOU BASTARD!!!!!
Now I’m gonna have to do the same once I pull it down to install the back cut gears and circlip:D
BTW have you spoken to Robinson for me yet?

Back