Hola! From Northern Michigan

Welcome from Australia
Oi! What part of Oz, or should I say Aus, do you hail from? Got a buddy living state side that’s from the Perth side of things. He’s been in the states for about 12 years now. Has one of the best fake American accents I’ve heard. I thought he was Canadian when I first met him.

As a result of your thread, I called my good friend in Crivitz, WI today, the retired owner of Titletown Cycles. I asked him why we never got up to UP on that visit and he could't recall. I told him I'll fly out in the fall, rent an SUV and head up there with him. Hopefully we'll not get blown over the side of the bridge and get to see some fall colors. On the Yugo, it was a fitting end for that piece of rubbish but I of course hope the occupants survived.

And yes, the Corbins are not for everyone. I've had three over the years along with three Mustangs, two on Harleys and one on my current Vulcan Nomad. The Russels are wonderful saddles but stupidly expensive.

I believe my XS was an early 70s. In '81 or so Yamaha went to that ridiculous cruiser seat with pull back bars. And old Navy friend in Maryland still has the 81 XS, that he bought new, out in his shed. I used to ride it when I visited he and the family in Norfolk where he was stationed. He also still has his old 1966 Corvette Stingray. He bought it upon his graduation from the Naval Academy in 1978.
Color tour in the UP should be pretty awesome. One thing nice about the fall is the bugs are gone and you can actually get out of the car.

As far as the Yugo goes well, it’s a 200 ft drop, so... at least they made wind advisories a thing and raised the guard rail a bit.

Yeah, I think it was in ‘79 when the turning point for the XS’s happened. And it was quite a change - modified frame, different carbs, CDI ignition, different seat, buck horn handle bars, wider swingarm allowing for wider mag rims. Actually it was an improved bike as far as comfort, handling, and maintenance went but the styling left something to be desired compared to the honda’s and kawasaki’s Of the time, not to mention displacement.

Seems I’ve been neglecting the thread a bit. Got busy with work and messing around with the new toy.

Thanks to everyone for all of the welcomes. I look forward to contributing and learning.

Just did my first retune of the ECU using TuneEcu and the goto remap for the touring models. Now it feels right. Had the front tire off the ground unexpectedly with my wife on the back. I’m usually a two wheels on the ground type of guy, but I’ll admit that it was a fun thrill.

Back