Hola! From Northern Michigan

Those were something to watch during there test flights. I used to haul freight in a clapped out C402 on a UPS route. It was making a mess of the ramp parked next to the old Basler FBO.
When and which service were you in?
I was enlisted USMC from 2002-2006 as Crash Fire Rescue.
US Army, 1981-1987. My wife is a former Devil Dog! Harrier Ordinance!

@Jvheli -- not to take over the thread -- I'm really curious -- what does it no longer make sense to be an A&P ?
It doesnt for me......great job! Miss it every day. We (my family) have an aviation material business, mostly military. We also manufacture tooling for legacy stuff...old Lockheed tools and the like.

It doesnt for me......great job! Miss it every day. We (my family) have an aviation material business, mostly military. We also manufacture tooling for legacy stuff...old Lockheed tools and the like.
You guys have any dealings with Lear Jets? I know the Air Force still flies the C21 around. I'm currently stuffing myself into a LR-31. My co-worker and I were curious as to how the military can keep these things flying. its getting hard to find parts even for the 31 let alone a 35...

You guys have any dealings with Lear Jets? I know the Air Force still flies the C21 around. I'm currently stuffing myself into a LR-31. My co-worker and I were curious as to how the military can keep these things flying. its getting hard to find parts even for the 31 let alone a 35...
We dont support that platform (we do transports, refuelers fighters) we also do some troop support and anti drug force support, however the gov't has a system to have suppliers make obsolete parts....its a lot of work, and usually goes to the company that last made the part. But I digress. Way off topic!

We dont support that platform (we do transports, refuelers fighters) we also do some troop support and anti drug force support, however the gov't has a system to have suppliers make obsolete parts....its a lot of work, and usually goes to the company that last made the part. But I digress. Way off topic!
Thanks for the insight. I figured it was a combination of in-house production/machining and vendors. Not every day you meet some one in the business. Aircraft parts in the civilian world is a hot topic due to lack of availability, mark ups, and FAA certification.

Yep, off topic. But like my wife says "once they start talking aviation..."

Welcome from Montreal. My wife also decided it was time I get a different ride . Left it up to me & I picked up a 2012 R3T in 2015. It also had 5000Km or 3000M or so on the counter. Have no regrets of any kind. Because of this site I installed TORs exhaust, K&N air filter under the seat and opened up the intake as much as I could. And last but not least remapped the engine with TunEcu. I'll be putting on a Dyno in the weeks to come just to see what the real time difference is in numbers. It feels like a different bike all together. Day and nite as they say. I will be posting my resolute when I get them.

Welcome from Montreal. My wife also decided it was time I get a different ride . Left it up to me & I picked up a 2012 R3T in 2015. It also had 5000Km or 3000M or so on the counter. Have no regrets of any kind. Because of this site I installed TORs exhaust, K&N air filter under the seat and opened up the intake as much as I could. And last but not least remapped the engine with TunEcu. I'll be putting on a Dyno in the weeks to come just to see what the real time difference is in numbers. It feels like a different bike all together. Day and nite as they say. I will be posting my resolute when I get them.

I've been to Montreal a few times. once to Laval, and the other times to the city center. I've always heard bad things about Montreal from other Americans, but aside from the French only signage, i found the culture to be quite agreeable, although service was a little slow at restaurants.

I had a former coworker that was from Montreal, spoke English quite well. He ended up marrying an American girl and moved to New York City. He definitely helped me understand the French-Canadian culture - which is to say he didn't really understand why the rest of country is predominately English whilst Montreal and most of Quebec went the french route. but he seemed to enjoy American ignorance of the subject.

Any who, bonsoir mon amie. keeps us posted on those performance results

I've heard the upgraded touring seats with the backrests are hard to come by... a back rest is definitely happening though. I love the look of the Mustang seats especially next to the Russells, but I had a Corbin on a previous bike that I was none to impressed by. Might have to look more into them to see the difference between Mustang and Corbin.

The UP is really nice. great variance of scenery and best of all no one is up there. When you do see somebody it isn't an issue passing them. The only down side is that roads can be a mess cuz of the frost heave and plows beating them up over the winter. Crossing the Mackinac Bridge can be trip also. The winds can get whipping pretty good. Back in the 80's a Yugo got blown over the side. Also, most of the bridge is grating so you get that weird wobble on top of carrying a lean cuz of the wind. Its an interesting 5 miles.

Yamaha knows to refine a knockoff. I still have the stock electrical/charging system from 1977 in the ol XS. The only things I had to do was swap out the brushes and reset the voltage regulator. They're fun bikes to ride and super easy to work on. I considered selling it, and tried for a time, but I think i'm gonna end up keeping it. Throw a 750 kit on the top end, put some upgraded carbs on the back end, and have a cheap bike that's great in the twisties.

As a result of your thread, I called my good friend in Crivitz, WI today, the retired owner of Titletown Cycles. I asked him why we never got up to UP on that visit and he could't recall. I told him I'll fly out in the fall, rent an SUV and head up there with him. Hopefully we'll not get blown over the side of the bridge and get to see some fall colors. On the Yugo, it was a fitting end for that piece of rubbish but I of course hope the occupants survived.

And yes, the Corbins are not for everyone. I've had three over the years along with three Mustangs, two on Harleys and one on my current Vulcan Nomad. The Russels are wonderful saddles but stupidly expensive.

I believe my XS was an early 70s. In '81 or so Yamaha went to that ridiculous cruiser seat with pull back bars. And old Navy friend in Maryland still has the 81 XS, that he bought new, out in his shed. I used to ride it when I visited he and the family in Norfolk where he was stationed. He also still has his old 1966 Corvette Stingray. He bought it upon his graduation from the Naval Academy in 1978.

Back