Hola! From Northern Michigan

on my ride yesterday we had just eaten at a restaurant in Frankfurt and were mounting up when a guy rolled next to us riding a tiger 800. He had no idea what he was looking at. I mentioned it was a fellow triumph and he was surprised. He then asked if it was a 6 cylinder...

when we were trailering it from New Hampshire i caught at least 3 ppl taking pictures of it as if it were something they've never seen.

Got a friend at work that bought a tiger 800 with 21,000 miles on it on it. Complained about the way it shifted and took a look. dentant spring. easy fix on a tiger. He was fully aware of the Rocket. First bike for him but got a feeling a Rocket may be around the corner. His nickname is TINY:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Same here. Have not seen many Rockets. Saw Mexican one day going south on 75 but other than that only seen one other back in 07. Did see one at the big toy run in Tulsa. Know that there are several Rockets in Oklahoma but never see them on the road.Top that off with the response from most people even people on bikes comment "Never Seen One" Heard that there was another Rocket X in Tulsa but have never seen it. You would think that given our open highways the Rocket would have caught on. :(:(:(:(:(:( By the way Welcome from the big city of Henryetta Oklahoma.

It is odd, especially considering Triumph spent a good 59 cents promoting the R3 in the states :rolleyes:

Welcome from Maine, Captain:)

You can do a relatively cheap fix for the short term on you Rocket for the seat. I put a little ball type seat cover on my roadster and topped it off with some sheepskin. I needed the additional seat height. Anyways it's way more comfortable than stock, stays ventilated to keep your butt cool. While it's better than stock, I'll probably get a Russel this winter. My old arse, 67 yrs, seems to stiffen up after a few hours.

Hoopla

Welcome from western Washington. UP is another place I always wanted to visit. I almost did one time while visiting a friend who lives north of Green Bay. I wanted to take that Mackinaw Bridge into UP but we only got as far as Marquette before turning around.

On the seat, yes, stock Rocket seats are a crime. You have a few options though, one being to get the upgraded touring seat with the backrest. I believe it is a gel seat but I could be wrong. I have one and it's great. Mustang also makes one for the Touring. I've had three Mustangs on other bikes and love them.

Oh and I am a former XS-650 rider, the bike that was the beginning of the end for Triumph back in the day.

Welcome from Maine, Captain:)

You can do a relatively cheap fix for the short term on you Rocket for the seat. I put a little ball type seat cover on my roadster and topped it off with some sheepskin. I needed the additional seat height. Anyways it's way more comfortable than stock, stays ventilated to keep your butt cool. While it's better than stock, I'll probably get a Russel this winter. My old arse, 67 yrs, seems to stiffen up after a few hours.

Hoopla

Thats a good idea. I have an Airhawk pad i might give a try. used to work on the Vmax anyways. if that doesn't work i'll give your fix a wack for the rest of the season.

Back