High headlight beam blue light

Allan S

Simple African lad with a Rocket
Ride
2016 Roadster-skunk
I changed my headlamps for LEDs in January and all works fine.
When I wash my bike I start it and drive it away from the wet area about 40 feet. Everything is normal. When I finish drying it and start it again the blue high beam light comes on. The switch will work from high to low beam as normal but the blue light stays on. After riding for 3 or 4 minutes the blue light switches off and all is back to normal. Doesnt happen again again till the next wash. I am careful about where I spray water and even have tried covering the switches on the bars with cut off rubber gloves to prevent more than a small amount of water getting at the switch. still happens.

Anyone have an idea what causes that?

I had the same problem after riding in torrential rain for 3 hours, Yes it is water and Yes it is an easy fix, open switch block and put a generous amount of Dielectric grease on All switch contact moving parts (put heaps in, I did and never had it happen again) repeat for other switch block just to be sure

I don't cover my gauges when I wash my bike. I just be careful and not get them wet plus the handle bars. The handle bars hold the switches so I don't get them wet. I've rode in heavy rain before and never had a problem however. I clean the handle bars and gauges with glass cleaner.

Back