Hey guy's.... what do you think....???

RayinHouston

.020 Over
Ride
98 Valk, 84 V65 Sabre, 92 KLR-650,
I got my 98 Valk up and running but still have the Rocket III bug... This bagger is on the local CraigsList and it's been there a while... I emailed the owner and will go look at it tomorrow afternoon... It has some "add-on's" on it already... Anything special that I'm missing.. Is the price OK...?? I had a line on a nother bagger over on GA. and the owner had a hip replaced.. but one of the son in laws bought...

Please let me know what y'all think... Not going to be taking LONG trips on it.... I just like having a place to put my stuff...

Here is a pic of my Valk when I got it... it now has a batwing and Car tire...

I'm not a touring guy but I got my 2009 standard for the same price 2 yrs ago

Ya but yours is a standard Morris its worth more!!!!!!
Seriously though take 6k in cash if the guy don't take it put in your Valkrie fund .

The market is soft for sellers. Cash is king. 60 crisp $100 bills should buy you the bike. If you really love it take on or 2 more bills. You have a nice bike so you can just walk away. I waited months for mine. 2007 Classic with 29kmiles, few miles from home for just under 5K. I was happy, still am.
Once you figure the Rocket out, you will want to sell the Valkie. That's what is happening to me.

0423161257a_HDR.jpg 0520161154_HDR.jpg
The Valkie is smooth, forgiving and steers itself, the Rocket is a brute bike. It requires input and your undivided attention. The Valkie sounds like a vacuum cleaner, the Rocket sounds like a tractor when idling and like a airplane when throttled. The gravy is that if you care to consult, converse and ride with others, the best enthusiast group in the world in this Rocket III Owners Group.

You are going to love it. Hope we get to meet you soon and check you ride out.

Price seems high.
If you are not going to take long trips get a Roadster. More HP is better.
I agree with 1K9 "The Valkie is smooth, forgiving and steers itself, the Rocket is a brute bike"
I've had a couple wings. The difference is considerable.

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks guys for the input... It's been rain for the last 3 days here in SE TX., with some parts of Houston getting over 14" of rain in the last 24 hours...., So, we didn't meet up to see the bike today... I really like my Valk and the "only" bike it won't SPAKE is a Rocket.. I love racing those ***** Harley riders (but, I all so have a 1967 FHL that's my 'bar' bike... so, owning a H-D, I CAN talk **** about therm...). I don't know if I will get ride of my Valk when I do get another bike.. as far as getting a roadster, I have 2, 2 year old knees and I like the way the dresser "fits" me.. So, thanks again and will keep this thread posted when I pull the trigger on this bike...

When asked how the Rocket X rides my comment is usually "like a Goldwing on steroids" gets a lot of grins and giggles. :D:D:D:D:D

Back