Owned the R3 for over 4 years now, never had much issue of any,. But today i burned out the clutch. I'm getting high revs and low power output. so for all the veterans out there with experience here, what should i go for and where can i locate what i need,to get my clutch back in shape, (side note) * i never had any free play in my clutch when i got it new from the dealer. i never though about it. and from recent research i have found that i prematurely killed the clutch because of this. ... and from shifting at high speeds. - other info about what iv noticed. _+_= the beast has always been hard to shift into (N). and clanks really loud when shifting to any gear. bike only has just now. 5kmiles. Love my ride, but i think the boys pieced it together fast and out the door. because a lot of small things have been falling apart and breaking. shes a 2014 roadster. anyways. thanks in advance.
Yo! I just rebuilt my clutch. I had the same problems as you. Neutral was allways hard to find and shifting into second and third always had a clunk, like making sure no one was looking in town when making gear changes. Any how first set of tire wore out so i decided to do a brake stand and that killed the clutch for good. So i did the rebuild myself and it was easy! I used mtc fibers the original OEM steels (wet sanded with 320 grit, if you have the money for new steels then just get the new steels) and i put in some barnett springs. Now i have about 350 miles on the new clutch and it runs great! Neutral is easy to find and no more clunking! Just nice secure clicks! When i put the new clutch cover gasket on i lubed the engine side with some greese to hold it in place. Worked great! I have no leaks!

Back