GriZzlyRoadster14

Vroom vroom Boom.
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Roadster 2014
Owned the R3 for over 4 years now, never had much issue of any,. But today i burned out the clutch. I'm getting high revs and low power output. so for all the veterans out there with experience here, what should i go for and where can i locate what i need,to get my clutch back in shape, (side note) * i never had any free play in my clutch when i got it new from the dealer. i never though about it. and from recent research i have found that i prematurely killed the clutch because of this. ... and from shifting at high speeds. - other info about what iv noticed. _+_= the beast has always been hard to shift into (N). and clanks really loud when shifting to any gear. bike only has just now. 5kmiles. Love my ride, but i think the boys pieced it together fast and out the door. because a lot of small things have been falling apart and breaking. shes a 2014 roadster. anyways. thanks in advance.

Bummer man!

Before you tear it apart, adjust the clutch properly. See if that helps.

I have 4 times that mileage with no issues.

Yeah, i started that route a few hours ago, Set it to 2-3mm of free play, like the book says. But once i got on it again. i was left without all my beloved torque. And when i release the clutch, it basically releases all the way before engaging. (Typically when coming out of first gear. it will engage just from barely releasing handle.) But not today.

Yeah, i started that route a few hours ago, Set it to 2-3mm of free play, like the book says. But once i got on it again. i was left without all my beloved torque. And when i release the clutch, it basically releases all the way before engaging. (Typically when coming out of first gear. it will engage just from barely releasing handle.) But not today.
Hmm - sounds like your not pulling it hard enough........ The clutch Cable i'm talking about.o_O

Iv got it back hard and as far as i can. (Unless I'm on a different problem here.) But it will shift fine, but does not have the torque or acceleration that it once had. At first, i could easily hit 60mph in 1st gear in under 3 seconds. Now, it takes a lot longer, and higher revs. ive lost the power somewhere. what do you think?

Time to open her up. If the lifter piece and shaft are worn - you'll never get a decent adjustment.
Mine were a bit worn - and was adjusted OK.

Just had to open mine to get at the detent spring. I have 50,000kms on mine - The clutch looks like new.

Time to open her up. If the lifter piece and shaft are worn - you'll never get a decent adjustment.
Mine were a bit worn - and was adjusted OK.

Just had to open mine to get at the detent spring. I have 50,000kms on mine - The clutch looks like new.
Know where i should go to find a new lifter?

Know where i should go to find a new lifter?
TRIUMPH - It Is more likely to be the lifter shaft that is worn. If you want pictures - calling @warp9.9

- or scoot about eBay - saw a new lifter shaft on sale there last week.

I ordered mine from the local-ish dealer.
Bear in mind that whilst it's all simple enough to do - you will be removing the cooling system and engine front cover.
Don't forget gaskets and o-rings. All in all my TRIUMPH parts bill is about 200Euros - The lifter and shaft is about half that.
But I am replacing and upgrading. I see no point in opening up and NOT doing things to save a euro or two.

Yep clutch change is easy. If you follow the manual it will be about a 4 hour job. Can be done in two after you've done a couple. If your taking it apart which I always suggest just so you don't buy parts you dont need. If not then figure lifter shaft, lifter piece, the fibers and steals, and springs, and the clutch cover gasket. Other than that you will need coolant, and oil/filter change. This is the minimum. I have never had to change any if the O-rings .

I am not going to get any arguments over which is better. But I will state that I believe very few sell the complete kit. OEM, Barnett my bet is EBC have kits and probably sell components separately.

Manual and instructions for detent spring are in my signature. Detent spring instructions will also work for changing clutch plates.

Back