Yep, tinnitus and hearing damage is an inevitable consequence of running without earplugs. Well, plus whatever damage you do elsewhere.

I blew the budget on an Arai because like another R3'brother I have an Arai head. Mine is a rare and unfortunate head but best to look after it.

If it's not too ridiculously hot, I use the Shoie RF1200. Some improvement over the last version. For open face Shoie Platinum.

Tsk - 'bul. REAL MOTORCYCLISTS listen to their engines. That's all one really needs.
I also now use a natural age and abuse related background noise generator - called Tinnitus. :D
welcome to the club!!

Tsk - 'bul. REAL MOTORCYCLISTS listen to their engines. That's all one really needs.
I also now use a natural age and abuse related background noise generator - called Tinnitus. :D

According to friends with tinnitus it SUX BIG! I be sorry for you.
Damaged mine years ago from indoor pistol range at work and years of racing motors.
Have NEVER in 60+ years riding used ear plugs for anything or listened to music.
Now that I have aged I be thinking it may just help to slow me down and "smell the roses" some??? Worth a try at least . . .

Now that I have aged I be thinking it may just help to slow me down and "smell the roses" some??? Worth a try at least . . .
Putting in plugs makes me speed up - I can't hear the engine so it can't be making much noise. I do use them for LONG FAST runs where I know I'll pretty much be at 80-90ish for a complete tankful or two. Otherwise I'd rather hear the idiots coming to get me.

Yep, playing with guns without hearing protection is also kind of... uh... unwise. You'll shoot yourself or your dog by mistake and wind up with hearing damage. ;)

Done a lot of firearms shooting, have you?
Folks properly trained with guns VERY RARELY shoot anything by mistake!
Wasting one who is deserving and claiming "mistake" would be another matter. :eek: :p :D

Back