Hello everyone new member and new owner 2020 Rocket R

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the help and all the welcomes. Great community ! I will post pictures when I pick it up on Friday. I CANT WAIT.

My new bikes I pamper the first 50-100 miles then change the oil at 100 but not going to syn til 500 miles. Vary the rpm's and shift often and after the first 100 miles wind it out to 3/4 throttle and engine brake as often as you can as the experts claim it helps seal the rings. After 500 miles change to full syn and ride it.
Welcome and congrats. Today's the day

Honestly guys this is the best bike I have ever owned.

CCABEEE0-372B-4049-84E0-08228F3463EC.jpeg

WELCOME to ya, from WA State. From whence do you reside?
I made the same changes from sport bikes to power cruisers about 20 years ago.
By the time I hit my 50s I was Just too broken up to fit my decrepit bod around a sport bike for 300+ mile days riding across country.
The Rocket Roadster is the best combo of handling, power, and comfort I have found to date.
I like the new R3s, but have concerns about its ability to sustain a rider for a good 3 to 6 week cross-country trip.
I shall be interested in reading what you learn about yours.

As far as break-in, I have always received best results with the BIR method - Break In Right :D
I grease it now and then, but sustain no high RPM for the first 500 then change oil.
I then ride normally to the next oil change at 1,000 miles.
After that tis HOONTIME! And oil changea at recommended intervals.
Be sure to frequently check and tighten ALL nuts and bolts for the first 6 months.

Last edited:
By the time I hit my 50s I was Just too broken up to fit my decrepit bod around a sport bike for 300+ mile days riding across country.
The Rocket Roadster is the best combo of handling, power, and comfort I have found to date.
I like the new R3s, but have concerns about its ability to sustain a rider for a good 3 to 6 week cross-country trip.

As far as break-in, I have always received best results with the BIR method - Break In Right :D
I grease it now and then, but sustain no high RPM for the first 500 then change oil.
Be sure to frequently check and tighten ALL nuts and bolts for the first 6 months.
I think the new bikes are a bit less comfortable for multiple days rides without options for forward pegs and a smaller seat. The bar position on the R and TFC are a bit more forward in a sporty position.

How are ya? I’m from Calgary, Alberta. I find the bike quite comfortable to honest. Everyone is different and you can customize it to your hearts content. You can even stick the forward pegs on as highway pegs to stretch out.
Thanks for the advice !

How are ya? I’m from Calgary, Alberta. I find the bike quite comfortable to honest. Everyone is different and you can customize it to your hearts content. You can even stick the forward pegs on as highway pegs to stretch out.
Thanks for the advice !
Have you ridden the older Roadster? I think they feel a bit more relaxed and have a bit more room in the seat.

Back