Hello everyone new member and new owner 2020 Rocket R

Hello everyone ! Very happy to be joining the Triumph family. First time Triumph owner and looking forward to connecting with everyone. I sold my Ducati 1199 after .. well just getting old and needing something more comfortable. My riding style has changed Lately. I have been enjoying doing quite longer rides and touring with a bike that doesn’t feel like a huge bagger. I made the mistake of buying a Harley only to realize that my Fat Bob is basically a shell that i need to dump money in to bring to what I want it to be. I never enjoyed the Harley cult and felt out of place To be honest. Sold the Harley and here I am!

I have some questions for you:
1. What is everyone using for a cell phone mount ? The handle bars are a bit unique.
2. Sport tail pack.. anyone buy one ? What’s the patented quick release system actually look like ?
3. Break in same as every bike ? This massive engine need a hard break in or gentle as per conservative manual guidelines ?

i know thats a tall order but .. hey it’s a forum right ?!
1. I bought a Tackform enduro series phone holder (Amazon - $59). No issues with the handlebars. Holds the phone secure and looks good.

2. The sport tail pack I bought from Triumph and returned it. The patented quick release is partially secured by having a part of it slide under the existing strap on the seat and that has to eventually stretch that strap out so if you ever remove the quick release system you have a floppy strap. Additionally the sport pack is spendy and it is approximately big enough to hold a Pop Tart.

3. I followed the break in procedures outlined in the manual.

1. I bought a Tackform enduro series phone holder (Amazon - $59). No issues with the handlebars. Holds the phone secure and looks good.

2. The sport tail pack I bought from Triumph and returned it. The patented quick release is partially secured by having a part of it slide under the existing strap on the seat and that has to eventually stretch that strap out so if you ever remove the quick release system you have a floppy strap. Additionally the sport pack is spendy and it is approximately big enough to hold a Pop Tart.

3. I followed the break in procedures outlined in the manual.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will cancel the sports pack order and just buy a bigger tail pack that can actually hold something,

I've been field testing our XL rack with a Viking bag on the back and it's working out great for me. I love having a place to put small stuff away as needed.

IMG_4080.JPG
IMG_4084.JPG

I've been field testing our XL rack with a Viking bag on the back and it's working out great for me. I love having a place to put small stuff away as needed.

IMG_4080.JPG
IMG_4084.JPG

That looks fantastic.. looks like the luggage rack would be the best idea for strapping things down. I can even fit a motorcycle specific duffel bag to it for long trips. Amazing thank you !

I have a RAM mount with Quad-Lock at it's stable, adjustable, portable. Works like a charm!
Shown without the phone installed. Ran a USB Cable to the NELLA DIN adapter for power. All set for traffic, weather, etc..

Top circle is the camera hole (OnePlus 7T), the middle is the generic Quad-Lock stick on, the bottom plate is a magnetic plate for mounting in my car. This is my summer case.
2020-02-23 10.46.55.jpg

Use the RAM mount setup for the 1 1/4-inch bars, works fine, i use one
I have the tail pack, it goes on and off pretty easy and acts as a back rest as well,
The pannier mounts look good on the bike, and fold up when not in use, there are a few pictures around of bike with the panniers on and off
break in, generally easy, although some thresholds were reached, break in is done, and bike runs great

i don't have a picture of the bike with the panniers and mounts on it, or i would post it for you to see

Use the RAM mount setup for the 1 1/4-inch bars, works fine, i use one
I have the tail pack, it goes on and off pretty easy and acts as a back rest as well,
The pannier mounts look good on the bike, and fold up when not in use, there are a few pictures around of bike with the panniers on and off
break in, generally easy, although some thresholds were reached, break in is done, and bike runs great

i don't have a picture of the bike with the panniers and mounts on it, or i would post it for you to see

Here are the pannier mounts installed and the stock luggage rack.
2020-02-08 13.17.09.png

Hello everyone ! Very happy to be joining the Triumph family. First time Triumph owner and looking forward to connecting with everyone. I sold my Ducati 1199 after .. well just getting old and needing something more comfortable. My riding style has changed Lately. I have been enjoying doing quite longer rides and touring with a bike that doesn’t feel like a huge bagger. I made the mistake of buying a Harley only to realize that my Fat Bob is basically a shell that i need to dump money in to bring to what I want it to be. I never enjoyed the Harley cult and felt out of place To be honest. Sold the Harley and here I am!

I have some questions for you:
1. What is everyone using for a cell phone mount ? The handle bars are a bit unique.
2. Sport tail pack.. anyone buy one ? What’s the patented quick release system actually look like ?
3. Break in same as every bike ? This massive engine need a hard break in or gentle as per conservative manual guidelines ?

i know thats a tall order but .. hey it’s a forum right ?!
Recommend you stick to the factory breakin schedule. The motor is atractor engine so you can't hurt it, BUT you won't void the warranty by abusing it either....

as they explained it to me, ride it easy, they get that the throttle might somehow get twisted a little far sometimes, and the bike might possibly accelerate a little quicker then normal, but don't make a habit of it

Back