Hello everyone new member and new owner 2020 Rocket R

Hatata

.060 Over
Ride
Triumph RocketR
Hello everyone ! Very happy to be joining the Triumph family. First time Triumph owner and looking forward to connecting with everyone. I sold my Ducati 1199 after .. well just getting old and needing something more comfortable. My riding style has changed Lately. I have been enjoying doing quite longer rides and touring with a bike that doesn’t feel like a huge bagger. I made the mistake of buying a Harley only to realize that my Fat Bob is basically a shell that i need to dump money in to bring to what I want it to be. I never enjoyed the Harley cult and felt out of place To be honest. Sold the Harley and here I am!

I have some questions for you:
1. What is everyone using for a cell phone mount ? The handle bars are a bit unique.
2. Sport tail pack.. anyone buy one ? What’s the patented quick release system actually look like ?
3. Break in same as every bike ? This massive engine need a hard break in or gentle as per conservative manual guidelines ?

i know thats a tall order but .. hey it’s a forum right ?!

Welcome .
1. I did not mount a cell phone, it’s a distraction I’m trying to avoid while riding.
2. I strapped a small leather on the rear seat. It holds wallet, cell phone and papers.
3. Break it in for few miles then gradually ramp it up. I think it’s just reasonable let a motor wear in a bit.

Enjoy the big little beast.

3. I go by the book. For peace of mind.
I set the shift indicator to Running in to get a visual reminder. So far i have been riding in all conditions up to dual carriage motorway without exceeding 4k RPM. Of course i itch for to wring its neck, but again, for peace of mind i will go through the prescribed run in period.
Skärmavbild 2020-05-13 kl. 09.36.42.png

Hello everyone ! Very happy to be joining the Triumph family. First time Triumph owner and looking forward to connecting with everyone. I sold my Ducati 1199 after .. well just getting old and needing something more comfortable. My riding style has changed Lately. I have been enjoying doing quite longer rides and touring with a bike that doesn’t feel like a huge bagger. I made the mistake of buying a Harley only to realize that my Fat Bob is basically a shell that i need to dump money in to bring to what I want it to be. I never enjoyed the Harley cult and felt out of place To be honest. Sold the Harley and here I am!

I have some questions for you:
1. What is everyone using for a cell phone mount ? The handle bars are a bit unique.
2. Sport tail pack.. anyone buy one ? What’s the patented quick release system actually look like ?
3. Break in same as every bike ? This massive engine need a hard break in or gentle as per conservative manual guidelines ?

i know thats a tall order but .. hey it’s a forum right ?!
I have some pics of the phone/gps mount I use and we sell. Pics here Media added by Lamonster

Hello Hatata and welcome from Virginia. I usually leave the cell phone in a pocket. I do have a Bluetooth attached tot he helmet that I can talk on the phone if needed. As above, follow the link @Lamonster posted for a mount.

Back