Heading out for test drive

The only thing I feel that I've really lost is the slow speed handling. With some practice - I plan to get that back a little but you can't wrestle an 800lb gorilla and win.

I like the last part made me smile :) its about balance at slow speed and everyone who owns an R3 masters it because you have too:cool:..

But the best tip is keep those tyre pressures up and you'll be fine.
The R3 is well balanced, well until the tank is full.. that changes things a little.. as for slow turns you have to learn to do it with a grin..you never know who is watching.

On approach, a quick scan of the area find flat solid ground even if you have to pass the required point a little and return, just dont rush it otherwise the 800lb Gorilla materializes quick smart .. unfortunately we all seem to drop the **** thing at some point, with a few exceptions :rolleyes:

Anyway hope you don't mind the pointer... make freinds with the Gorilla mate :D

I like the last part made me smile :) its about balance at slow speed and everyone who owns an R3 masters it because you have too:cool:..

But the best tip is keep those tyre pressures up and you'll be fine.
The R3 is well balanced, well until the tank is full.. that changes things a little.. as for slow turns you have to learn to do it with a grin..you never know who is watching.

On approach, a quick scan of the area find flat solid ground even if you have to pass the required point a little and return, just dont rush it otherwise the 800lb Gorilla materializes quick smart .. unfortunately we all seem to drop the **** thing at some point, with a few exceptions :rolleyes:

Anyway hope you don't mind the pointer... make freinds with the Gorilla mate :D

Getting much better at making friends with the Gorilla. Nearly 1000 miles on the bike now starting to get comfortable with its handling.

I'm overdue for the first service and was wondering what everyone did? From the way the dealer talks - they are going to be over $100 for the service and that seems ridiculous. Thought about taking it to a local bike shop and having them do the service. Call me cheap???

Went by the dealer yesterday with my Dad. He's been wanting to buy a new motorcycle since 1982 - yesterday, he ordered a Thunderbird in Marble Red Haze! Should be picking it up on Wednesday or Thursday.

Getting much better at making friends with the Gorilla. Nearly 1000 miles on the bike now starting to get comfortable with its handling.

I'm overdue for the first service and was wondering what everyone did? From the way the dealer talks - they are going to be over $100 for the service and that seems ridiculous. Thought about taking it to a local bike shop and having them do the service. Call me cheap???

Went by the dealer yesterday with my Dad. He's been wanting to buy a new motorcycle since 1982 - yesterday, he ordered a Thunderbird in Marble Red Haze! Should be picking it up on Wednesday or Thursday.

Good to here your becoming good friends with the Lady Gorilla ;)

Warranty is the concern unforunatly ...try to Grin while your paying..
After that you can do it yourself if you are confident..

Regards to Dad great to hear he is getting back into the saddle :D

Glad to hear you're loving your Rocket. It sucks about the service but you have to do whatever to takes to keep that warranty in good standing. It would suck to need to use it but very good to have it IF/WHEN you need it.

Very cool about Dad getting a Tbird in Red Haze. I love that paint so much I did it to my Speedmaster. Post some pics of his Tbird when it comes in. I'd love to see it!

Glad to hear you're loving your Rocket. It sucks about the service but you have to do whatever to takes to keep that warranty in good standing. It would suck to need to use it but very good to have it IF/WHEN you need it.

Very cool about Dad getting a Tbird in Red Haze. I love that paint so much I did it to my Speedmaster. Post some pics of his Tbird when it comes in. I'd love to see it!

Wow, that's a good looking speedmaster! Should be picking i up tomorrow if they get it ready

Back