Heading out for test drive

OUCH! Glad I'm not buying in the Outback...

I've found a 2011 for $15,025 out the door but think I would be better going with the 2012 just for the immediate lost value of a 2012 for $16,083 OTD. That said, most research is showing me about $15,500 to be the best deal out the door.

I've already got a guy lined up to come by and see the FZ1 this weekend. If he takes it - I'll be driving a Rocket home on Monday! Wish me luck.
Good Luck On the Sale:D

Looks like my FZ1 has sold and he's picking it up on Monday...Which means I pick up the Rocket on Monday if it's still there.

Dad's possibly looking at picking up the Thunderbird in Red Haze as well... Wonder if they will give a better deal for a 2 bike sale?

Sold my FZ1 - drove straight to the dealership and the 2012 R3 Roadster in Phantom black is MINE! Enjoyed the ride home but got a lot going on this week so doubt I will get to put a lot of miles on it.

Great bike. I'll get some pics and post together soon.

Congrats and welcome to the site. I'm up in Dry Ridge Ky, which is half way between Lexington and Cincinnati. Don't worry about taking pictures of your smile, because you will never loose it. These things are a blast. You now own the "Worlds Largest Production Motorcycle". Enjoy it,(him, her, name??)
Kid
Also, my baggers name is "Velma"

No name yet, but it will probably happen. Bike's already got a lot of attention around town. It for sure turns heads. Over 100 miles on the odometer and I've only had it a day. Putting 120+ on it tomorrow on the way to work.

Tried to put the dresser bars on tonight but I didn't have a large enough breaker bar for the engine mount. Going to take it by the dealer for them to install for me tomorrow while I work.

Was wondering what your opinion is on power speed of fz1 and the power and speed of the rocket? Congrats on the Rocket:)

Was wondering what your opinion is on power speed of fz1 and the power and speed of the rocket? Congrats on the Rocket:)

FZ1 was a great bike but completely different than the Rocket. The FZ1 will kick you in the butt at 6k rpm where the rocket will kick you in the butt at 2k rpm. Just a different type of bike all together.

What's been the most surprising about the rocket is it's handling the twisties compared to the FZ1. The yamaha is a top heavy bike and you can feel the transitions from a left to right as you swing over the top of the corner. The rocket with it's lower CG makes me more confident in the corners and much easier to lean over.

The only thing I feel that I've really lost is the slow speed handling. With some practice - I plan to get that back a little but you can't wrestle an 800lb gorilla and win.

I've already got over 400 miles on the odometer since Monday afternoon (wife's about to kill me with the fuel bill) and having a great time...

Getting my sermon notes ready for this morning's church service and will try to report back a little later when I have more time.

Back