Headed to West Virginia

wilbur-t

Top Fuel
Me, Lisa and our friends Wout and Amy are leaving out tomorrow after work for a 9 day trip to tour West Va. Will be camping in Summerville several days, then see where we end up from there.

I'll try to post a pic or two when we get back.

Ya'll try to make jack and flip behave while I'm gone!

Here's wishing everyone a happy Fourth of July, even if you don't live in the USA. :bch:

I just returned from PA, WV, KY , Don't miss state rd. 219 from PA through WV. From Johnstown PA to Summersville WV. Some of the best roads I have seen. No potholes, no tarsnakes, no gravel in the corners, and very little traffic. Lots & lots of curves. probably just as much fun going from south to north:D

I just returned from PA, WV, KY , Don't miss state rd. 219 from PA through WV. From Johnstown PA to Summersville WV. Some of the best roads I have seen. No potholes, no tarsnakes, no gravel in the corners, and very little traffic. Lots & lots of curves. probably just as much fun going from south to north:D

Boy, you mentioned naught about the tire. You are a pacifist. I commend that.

My absolutely favorite roads in West Virginia are Rte 7 from New Martinsville to the intersection of SR250 in Hundred, West Virginia and SR250 south through Mannington, Wva. Rte 7 to US250 is twisty, hilly no holes or loose gravel and lightly travelled. You might meet a local in an old Chevy pickup truck that will give you a run for your money in the curves, those boys down there know how to drive. US 250 all the way to Mannington is sweepers and it's beautiful country. I spent most of my childhood summers in Mannington so I know the roads very well. If I had half a brain, I'd retire there.

Brighter Side of the Dark Side

I didn't want to mention that the Goodyear Eagle performed without flaw. and after 3200 miles I could only measure a 1/32 of tread wear. Gee if I keep it up I'll only get about another 30k out of this tire. If the sidewall is gunna give up it would have failled on this trip. thats for another post.:)

Back