Head lights revisited

Molinoman

Living Legend
Ride
2017 Polaris Slingshot
Finally got to take the Rocket out at night tonite. When I got home I lined it up with my Gold Wing to do a headlight comparison. On the brights / high beam setting they appeared to be about the same.
On the low beam setting the right headlight was the same as my Gold Wing as far as distance, but the left was shorter by about twenty feet. It almost seemed like the headlight for the right beam was pointed so as to illuminate the side of the road better, I think I will leave it alone.
But the left light I may try adjusting as per the owners manual, once I wrestle with that seat again, and try to bring it up to the same level as the right one.
Dennis
8 dtg!

Additions

Yeah, the Road screen, lower deflectors and foglights are supposed to start arriving this week, but am not having them installed till I go back to Afghanistan. It will give me even more to look forward to when I return (along with the heated grips, Corbin bags, Rivco exhaust flange covers, front engine guards, sissy bar with rack and pad/emblem, fuel gage and clock).
Dennis
7 dtg!

Last edited:
Dang Molino!
That Afghan job must pay well?!

1200-1800 for suitcases is stiff. If you not watch out, you're going to be shelling out 'Harley-esque" prices for that speed demon you bought. ;)

Harley prices?

Well, already passed that point...but at least I feel I have gotten "real" value for the money I have spent and not $5,000-$6,000 worth of built in "lifestyle" costs that you do on a Harley without the increased value for that cost..
Dennis
7 dtg!

Back