HEAD COUNT for RAA WEST 2018

OK then. I will cancel my room and take one you've reserved.

I'll speak to the wife about Friday night. Probably not an option as she has hurt her shoulder and can't do much of anything so the shorter I'm gone the better. I've been making dinner now for the last two weeks and doing just about everything else around the house too! Also, I won't be to Nels' shop 'till around 12:30 on Friday FYI.

For all those getting dyno tunes here's what you can expect to see (from my session yesterday - if the vid is not clear stop it and restart):

Numbers were 214 RWHP and 222 lb-ft. torque. Runs much smoother everywhere as well. Will go back for some fine tuning in the near future on a cooler day. It was 95 degrees in the dyno room and I was running intake temps up to 170 degrees. Nels said this was a conservative tune and he got me 2 more HP then I've ever had before at the top end.

So then, we'll be seeing you up at Nels' on Thursday the 19th? Kewl!
FYI - We are kicks up at 9 AM from my place for the Loop Ride on Friday, the 20th.

first day first day was eventful. We had a great spirited ride over Mount Rainier and Chinook Pass. After lunch in Yakima we headed out for Lewiston Idaho. I had a little mishap pulling out from a stop like a previous thread we just had, @dealer was in front of me and started to pull out making a right turn at a busy intersection. once I saw him start to pull away I started to pull out while looking left for traffic. Unbeknownst to me Dealer killed his bike and fell over and I ran into his rear tire. Bent my right crash bar and broke a mount at the left bottom of the radiator.
Some water had squirted out of the puke tank so we added water straighten things out best we could and took off. 50 miles later my bike is overheated and I had to pull over on the side of a busy highway. Rob and I sat there roasting in the Sun at over a hundred degrees figuring things out when a truck pulled up with a Harley Rider and his wife who offered to help. Dave drove back to his home, loaded up his trailer, came back and hauled me into Richland Washington where I got a motel.
Rob @Claviger took the radiator apart and we discovered that mount had pulled loose leaving to 8 inch holes in the bottom of the radiator. Online Rob found several others that had used J-B Weld so we gave it a try and here we are 6:30 in the morning putting things back together. We should be on the road in the next 30 minutes wish me luck that the fix holds up. More later . . .

first day first day was eventful. We had a great spirited ride over Mount Rainier and Chinook Pass. After lunch in Yakima we headed out for Lewiston Idaho. I had a little mishap pulling out from a stop like a previous thread we just had, @dealer was in front of me and started to pull out making a right turn at a busy intersection. once I saw him start to pull away I started to pull out while looking left for traffic. Unbeknownst to me Dealer killed his bike and fell over and I ran into his rear tire. Bent my right crash bar and broke a mount at the left bottom of the radiator.
Some water had squirted out of the puke tank so we added water straighten things out best we could and took off. 50 miles later my bike is overheated and I had to pull over on the side of a busy highway. Rob and I sat there roasting in the Sun at over a hundred degrees figuring things out when a truck pulled up with a Harley Rider and his wife who offered to help. Dave drove back to his home, loaded up his trailer, came back and hauled me into Richland Washington where I got a motel.
Rob @Claviger took the radiator apart and we discovered that mount had pulled loose leaving to 8 inch holes in the bottom of the radiator. Online Rob found several others that had used J-B Weld so we gave it a try and here we are 6:30 in the morning putting things back together. We should be on the road in the next 30 minutes wish me luck that the fix holds up. More later . . .

Nothing like a problem solving adventure in the middle of nowhere. I'm glad there was no broken bones and skin loss.
Here in Texas I spent three days in bed with a bad back. Getting ready to go to Denver to do work. I like what I do so no sweat here. 894913_fig_002.jpg

Hope there is smooth sailing the rest of the way.

Oh noooooooo! Major bummer! Hope that JB Weld holds! Looking forward to seeing you guys on Thursday for the dynos.

Back