HEAD COUNT for RAA WEST 2018

Well here’s my situation:

Daytona is ready to go, took a neighborhood test flight yesterday, runs better than ever actually haha.

Needs brakes bedded in on the freeway that’s it.

The only problem? I threw out my back this weekend and can barely stand/walk, can’t sit in one position more than a few minutes at a time.

Fingers crossed I can calm my back down quickly.

Last edited:
Absolutely. Looking forward to it although it's still only for the peninsula ride. The rest sounds like a blast but isn't going to work for me this year. My plan is to leave work early on the 19th and head to Nels' shop to meet everyone. I will then rejoin you guys again the morning of the 20th for the last leg of the ride.

If you still have a room available at the Dew Drop Inn in Forks I'll take it and cancel the reservation at the Forks Motel I made but am now regretting that I did that. I think it was because Dew Drop only had doubles and I wanted a single but am now realizing I'd just rather have a double and be in the same Motel as the rest of the group. If you don't still have any rooms no big deal as the Forks motel is only a couple of blocks away. Please let me know right away though.

I've actually got a dyno scheduled with Nels today at 1:00. I had my bike in there in February and he couldn't tune it due to what was thought to be a bad fuel pump but ended up being just a power problem to the fuel pump. He hasn't been able to get me scheduled back in until today. BTW... in case you didn't know, he has moved the dyno to a new shop down the street but they are still working out of the old location too, just repairs and storage though.

Absolutely. Looking forward to it although it's still only for the peninsula ride. The rest sounds like a blast but isn't going to work for me this year. My plan is to leave work early on the 19th and head to Nels' shop to meet everyone. I will then rejoin you guys again the morning of the 20th for the last leg of the ride.

If you still have a room available at the Dew Drop Inn in Forks I'll take it and cancel the reservation at the Forks Motel I made but am now regretting that I did that. I think it was because Dew Drop only had doubles and I wanted a single but am now realizing I'd just rather have a double and be in the same Motel as the rest of the group. If you don't still have any rooms no big deal as the Forks motel is only a couple of blocks away. Please let me know right away though.

I've actually got a dyno scheduled with Nels today at 1:00. I had my bike in there in February and he couldn't tune it due to what was thought to be a bad fuel pump but ended up being just a power problem to the fuel pump. He hasn't been able to get me scheduled back in until today. BTW... in case you didn't know, he has moved the dyno to a new shop down the street but they are still working out of the old location too, just repairs and storage though.

Will have/make room for ya in Forks - go ahead and cancel.
Perhaps meet us at Nels' in Woodinville on Thursday the 19th at 10 AM, then ride to Tacoma and crash at my place before heading out on Fri, the 20th?

Perhaps meet us at Nels' in Woodinville on Thursday the 19th at 10 AM, then ride to Tacoma and crash at my place before heading out on Fri, the 20th?
OK then. I will cancel my room and take one you've reserved.

I'll speak to the wife about Friday night. Probably not an option as she has hurt her shoulder and can't do much of anything so the shorter I'm gone the better. I've been making dinner now for the last two weeks and doing just about everything else around the house too! Also, I won't be to Nels' shop 'till around 12:30 on Friday FYI.

For all those getting dyno tunes here's what you can expect to see (from my session yesterday - if the vid is not clear stop it and restart):

Numbers were 214 RWHP and 222 lb-ft. torque. Runs much smoother everywhere as well. Will go back for some fine tuning in the near future on a cooler day. It was 95 degrees in the dyno room and I was running intake temps up to 170 degrees. Nels said this was a conservative tune and he got me 2 more HP then I've ever had before at the top end.

Wahoo!! I can ride however I want now, I’m all legal and **** :p
FE4C7C41-BA03-49D3-B8BB-B1239125EB95.jpeg

Back