Have you done it yet?

My 2014 Roaster will wheelie easily in first with a crack of the throttle but the new one just does not want to come up and I’ve tried. I think some safety nannies are cutting the power to prevent the front end from coming up.
Have the shocks been redesigned? That could definitely effect the bikes ability to wheelie....Says me.....No ?

A bike generally won’t wheelie anyways if it’s lost traction. TC shouldn’t be an issue in this case.....In my unprofessional opinion.
That’s why I asked. TC reduces torque if it senses the rear wheel starting to spin. It’s instantaneous. The stock tune reduces power with the electronic throttle similar to how power was limited in the older models by closing the secondary throttle plates. Penner’s tune virtually eliminates this restriction for throttle position above about 50%.

That’s why I asked. TC reduces torque if it senses the rear wheel starting to spin. It’s instantaneous. The stock tune reduces power with the electronic throttle similar to how power was limited in the older models by closing the secondary throttle plates. Penner’s tune virtually eliminates this restriction for throttle position above about 50%.
You can disable TC if you wish you to do certain things. The TC will automatically reset back to on once the engine has been turned off.

The Touring is so long and heavy, and only has a 180 rear, so it spins before it lifts when solo, but with a pillion, a full throttle shift first to second will hold the front tire a few inches off the ground until I hit 3rd or let off. That's with Carpenter 240 kit, of course.

Back