Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
The G-Force Junkie brings up an interesting topic.( Always looking for one). The Junkster admitted to not being a fan of group rides. I’m not a big fan either. Although if I was personally more likeable, popular, younger, or actually knew more ppl that ride, I may hold a different opinion 🙃. That’s just me, n I’m stuck with it lol. I digress.... 🤔WTF was I talking about? ...Oh yeah!!... group riding. When you’re riding alone, and a group rides past you, do you (tag team) that group? It’s hard not to want to, even when uninvited. I’ve done it a few times. Most times I kept my place...( at the rear). Couple times though, I got cocky. Mostly because I knew I had a bigger, badder ride than anyone in that group. 😏 N there may have been a couple hotties sitting on the pillion’s. Do you ever tag team?

Tag Teaming.... :p Ahhh... motorcycles... :whitstling: My bride I joined a patched MC once by accident . We were new to the area and decided to do a poker run. We didn't know exactly where our next stop was but we saw a large group of bikes and headed that direction. The "Sweep" motioned us in and after about 10 minutes we realized they were headed away from our destination. We promptly took the next exit and found the correct place to go. Nice of them to include us; especially since we were not patched. I do generally ride alone except when my wife, brother, father-in-law or a friend is along. Two or three is an okay number. I've led or been party to several larger adhoc groups (and don't mind doing so); but it's a different experience because you have a lot more to pay attention to... and ride at the level of the most novice rider. I do enjoy it sometimes though. Larger or unexpected groups can be a challenge. Once, I was merrily on my way to California solo when a guy I didn't know decided he and I would ride together for the next 80 miles. We both stopped for gas...and he was a good dude... but he liked to ride at my rear tire through the twisties... which again, added a level of concentration I wasn't looking for at the time (when you don't know someone's capabilities).

Just noticed... you might want have this moved to The Final Drive... or Bearclaw Corner... Heh!
-MIG

Last edited:
Not a group ride fan either, myself and another rider is ideal, when I ride with my 2 normal riding buddies, there tends to be friction between them over riding style and speed, I don't do drama myself, I can ride fast, slow, long, short, here or there, it's all good. I almost always ride in the middle, to keep them apart. 😂

In a very rare accident a few years ago in NY near me, a Harley went off a curve with a walking trail next to it, hit 3 people, killing 2. A friend knew him, said he was a notorious drunk rider. Went away for a long time.

Tag Teaming.... :p Ahhh... motorcycles... :whitstling: My bride I joined a patched MC once by accident . We were new to the area and decided to do a poker run. We didn't know exactly where our next stop was but we saw a large group of bikes and headed that direction. The "Sweep" motioned us in and after about 10 minutes we realized they were headed away from our destination. We promptly took the next exit and found the correct place to go. Nice of them to include us; especially since we were not patched. I do generally ride alone except when my wife, brother, father-in-law or a friend is along. Two or three is an okay number. I've led or been party to several larger adhoc groups (and don't mind doing so); but it's a different experience because you have a lot more to pay attention to... and ride at the level of the most novice rider. I do enjoy it sometimes though. Larger or unexpected groups can be a challenge. Once, I was merrily on my way to California solo when a guy I didn't know decided he and I would ride together for the next 80 miles. We both stopped for gas...and he was a good dude... but he liked to ride at my rear tire through the twisties... which again, added a level of concentration I wasn't looking for at the time (when you don't know someone's capabilities).

Just noticed... you might want have this moved to The Final Drive... or Bearclaw Corner... Heh!
-MIG
I actually was searching for a more appropriate forum thread. 1)....I really don’t know how many topic rooms work on here. 2)...I just assumed that because most ppl know I’m a R3r owner, they would connect my topic/bike/ forum, together. In fact I was going to connect yesterday’s thread topic with my R3r. But thought I’d wait to see if there was interest in it. This is it.....last summer I took my R3r for the first time ever up to my areas largest connection highway. It’s a wide, sweeping highway. With well engineered corners, and long straight stretches. Perfect for speed testing my R3r. It’s speed limit is also higher than all other highways....I was riding virtually all alone up the road at between 120/145 klm/h . 120 being the legal limit. I see lights coming up behind me about 1or2 klm’s. It was clearly a group of bikes. I thought little of it, until realizing the group was quickly catching up to me. I still thought little of it, and sped up more. I’m going between 145/150. Still they quickly closed the gap. I thought this odd because most ppl don’t travel that fast, let alone a large group of what I could now see were fully dressed Harley’s with full windscreens. I sped up to 160. Didn’t matter. They’re right behind me now. Now I’m confused. I’m riding the equivalent of the worlds largest naked sports/ cruiser. And a bunch of heavy full dressed, wind dragging Harley V twins between-1650/1850cc are blowing past me now. As they pass me two by two I noticed they were all patched HELLS ANGELS. I dared not tag onto them ( not being invited). So I slowed back down and let them go. They left me in their dust ...WTF? If I was actually riding an R3r that didn’t have a mind numbing vibration issue, I undoubtedly could have blown past them, and they would have melted their engines trying to keep up. That clearly wasn’t going to happen, nor would probably have been a good idea. Mostly because my hands were so numb I could barely feel my grips. Two questions come to mind...1) What would motivate a large group of members on full dressed twins to ride at what must have been close to their bikes full speeds? 2)...How was it possible? I’m still pissed that I got schooled by a fleet of hogs, on my brand new R3r. Did I mention I was riding my R3r ?😏

Back