UtilityKnife

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
I Currently have tors but I've been debating taking the stock pipes to work cutting the ends off and trying to hollow them out. I figure there is a baffle out there that I can make fit and then use a tip from another style pipe to hide the cut or even a longer car tip to move the clamp under the bag. maybe something like this.

I've got acouple ideas on how to cut it, but I think the best I can do for a clean cut will be straight and then use some kind of tip or maybe one of the tips for another brand that slides inside the pipe. I also thought about using a plasma cutter to cut from the inner side of the pipe and then keep the slash cut but I think the heat will discolor the pipe. Either way I should the end of the pipe cut off this week.

so while measuring things and trying to decide what tip may work I learned the OD of the stock pipes is 4.2 inches so yeah. I'm trying to find out what the od of the mounting part of other brand tips are.

I Currently have tors but I've been debating taking the stock pipes to work cutting the ends off and trying to hollow them out. I figure there is a baffle out there that I can make fit and then use a tip from another style pipe to hide the cut or even a longer car tip to move the clamp under the bag. maybe something like this.

Not sure what you're after? Sound or performance? If you have TOR's already, gutting the tail end of stock pipes is kinda going backwards as there is still a CAT in the forward section. You'd actually be better off gutting your TOR's and finding a baffle you like to fit in them? JMHO.

Whatever you end up doing, take pictures and post so we all get the benefit. Thanks

If memory serves @Steel had a crack at his stock pipes... might be worth having a chat with him... and even if my memory is ****e he is probably still worth having a chat with :thumbsup:

If memory serves @Steel had a crack at his stock pipes... might be worth having a chat with him... and even if my memory is ****e he is probably still worth having a chat with :thumbsup:
Yes I drilled out the baffles, but never got all the way to the cats. There is a description and a few pictures in this thread.
Removing baffles from stock exhaust

Back