Greetings from Escondido, CA

The widest part of the Rocket is the handle bars. I have crash bars and highway pegs on mine and have no problem lane splitting. The adjustable mounts do stick out a bit though so I dispensed with those. Mines been an every day ride for 5 years. Welcome aboard.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I see a lot of comments about installing crash bars. I can definitely see the benefit if I ever lay this beast down, but I just don't want to make the bike any wider than it already is. I believe Triumph's crash bar mounted highway pegs will make the bike a couple of inches wider even when folded up. After two days of commuting with the Rocket in California where lane splitting ("filtering") is legal, there are times when I miss my Dyna's relative slimness. I love the Rocket on the open road though, and it certainly makes the Dyna feel like 2/3 the bike the Rocket is :)
One of these days i will take my rocket your way and ride the Scenic road from Tijuana to Ensenada and beyond, when i lived in Anaheim i did it every weekend on a Saber V65 Magna, really miss the old days:(

WELCOME to the best MC forum around, @jpool !!!
Watch out for that @Buck Mossie. From his photo it looks like he is a mouthpiece. :D

@mexican
You EVER wanna ride CA 1 and all the best twisties in CA let me know - I'll come ride with ya and point out all the gooduns!!!

CA 1 is one of my dream trips. I used to abalone dive in Ft. Bragg and Bodega, and my grandfolks used to live up in Crescent City so I spent a lot of time along the coast there. My girlfriend is getting tired of me going to street view on Google maps and making reving noises.

Welcome to the forum from Northern Michigan. I would definitely keep the crash bars....
I also have a 2013 Touring Black and Cream...Live in southern Wisconsin but born and raised near Whitehall Michigan. Did the circle tour last year (great ride).

Back