Greetings from Escondido, CA

Welcome from Idaho. I like that place were you took the picture. Engine guards look good on our big girls. Handy spot to mount several different accessories.

Yo, jpool! Another warm welcome to the site from The Garden State.

Time to sell that Harley - you'll find that you won't have much use for it anymore and that it will just serve to disappoint you, comparatively speaking!;)

Hello Jpool and welcome from VA. I was stationed at NASNI a little over ten years ago and loved riding up arounf Ramona andPalamar mountain. Of course riding around the Salton Sea has a special place in my heart. Good luck ith your Roadster!

Thanks for the warm welcome. I see a lot of comments about installing crash bars. I can definitely see the benefit if I ever lay this beast down, but I just don't want to make the bike any wider than it already is. I believe Triumph's crash bar mounted highway pegs will make the bike a couple of inches wider even when folded up. After two days of commuting with the Rocket in California where lane splitting ("filtering") is legal, there are times when I miss my Dyna's relative slimness. I love the Rocket on the open road though, and it certainly makes the Dyna feel like 2/3 the bike the Rocket is :)

but I just don't want to make the bike any wider than it already is.

The factory handlebars with the end weights are wider that the front and rear crash bars with the folded highway pegs, so you are not loosing any slimness with the bars... I too commute and split lanes with my R3R and it does take a little getting used too... As I offered before, I will be glad to meet up in OC and let you see the bars/pegs, and any other mods on my Roadster in person...

S/F

B

Back