Go Cruise Throttle Lock

wats the difference between the standerd and the heavy

I pulled this from the Throttlemeister website:

The Heavy model works and mounts the same as our standard model but is .400 Inch longer and weighs approximately 2 oz more per side. This should help reduce vibration. We have also received a lot of comments that it's easier to operate because of the bigger size. (Weights are an average and may vary depending on the type of mounting kit needed for the installation).

20141006_062738_resized.jpg I bought the heavy for the rocket.
It is not that noticeable compared to the regular.
I had regular size (only option) on my 2001 trophy and it was great.
The heavy is a bit longer and I can engage/disengage easily with winter gloves on with the outside two fingers.
Really nice that you can "partially" engage the fob and it basically reduces the throttle pull back spring to zero.

It's not like car cruise and disengages when you brake.
I will always put one on any bike I have.

Simple installation and reliable at any temperature

They are rally tough.

The bike did fall over on asphalt once and the Throttle mister barely a scratch.

Does it work well on the Rocket's stiff-springed throttle?

A side comment to your initial post/observation about the "stiffness" of the throttle return spring;

My throttle return spring is stiff as well. I've tried other throttles on Rockets at the dealers; some are stiff and some are quite so not. I do wonder why there is a difference amongst them.

My throttle cables are adjusted correctly, cables are not binding. Can't figure out why there is a difference.... :confused:

I understand your observation. I mostly agree.

Mine seems to be about right. After owning 20+ motorcycles, and working on many hundreds, as a second job for many years at a dealership, I think there is a difference between models and mostly adjustable by the outer sleeve of the cable.
I think the springs are a pretty uniform product across a particular model.

Also I have "fixed" stiff/sluggish cables with lube.

Not recommended, but an option:
If really demanding by someone, you can cut 1 mm off the end of the spring a few times and it will "adjust" the tension, but it changes both ways. I don't like it, but, back in the 80's, we did some on a few mods to a few motocross bikes to reduce response.

With fuel injection, I think it makes things a bit touchy.

Long ago when cables were $5 it was so easy to just fix it with a new cable.
Now with prices $30-50 they are more reliable.

The return spring on my rocket is strong but even.

The nice thing about the TM is that it is infinitely adjustable for pressure against the tension.
I only use the TM for cruise on the highway.
I don't do it around town. I like the control that the Rocket already has.

Amazing how that little relief on the right palm on a 30 minute ride can be.

I guess another nice thing about it, is that you really don't see anything, but the bike.
You don't know it's there, unless you know it.

I guess I'm saying it doesn't get stolen off a bike in a parking lot.

You see my GPS and anything else I hang off the bike, but the TM guys did a nice blend in job.

I was indecisive about the anodized black VS the Brushed or Shiny chrome.

It's a choice that you have.

If you have a TM then you'll notice the others on other bikes.

I tried the grip buster and it was ok for holding the throttle ablout 30% rotation.
The TM (for a lot more money) is good through all of the twist.

Also for those with older (carb) bikes I used to use it to hold a high idle when warming up.

It was easy enough to hold the RPM up 500 RPM as long as you want.

And it's never in the way of grapping a full hand of throttle.

Back