Go Cruise Throttle Lock

I tried the grip buster and it was ok for holding the throttle ablout 30% rotation.
The TM (for a lot more money) is good through all of the twist.

Also for those with older (carb) bikes I used to use it to hold a high idle when warming up.

It was easy enough to hold the RPM up 500 RPM as long as you want.

And it's never in the way of grapping a full hand of throttle.

So do you set the tension of the throttle sleeve with the TM first; and then rotate the throttle to the desired setting?

This video shows the guy using TWO hands to adjust it. That's a little difficult and inconvenient (and dangerous) at speed

[video=youtube;0PL6UzLjGe0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PL6UzLjGe0[/video]

I'd guess OTR, move your throttle hand out to the lock & twist to lock & then open the throttle to the cruise speed ( video shows the throttle still moves but more stiffly)

in practical use I can set it with my outboard finger wrapped on the TM.
Easily done with one hand.

It's almost second nature after a few tries.

As your question you can engage it before throttle back, but I leave it off, get to freeway/speed, and then with pinky finger on the TM it's just a simple twist.

When you intall it there is a progression that you do to set it up.

there are 4 washer(spacers) that you trade out and in until the TM is at the edge if engagement (but off). It doesn't take much to partially engage and then if you are on long range freeway you can set it "hard".

It is merely a friction tension of the spacers that "holds" the throttle.

I restate, it isn't really for use in the city blocks. I like it.

in practical use I can set it with my outboard finger wrapped on the TM.
Easily done with one hand.

It's almost second nature after a few tries.

As your question you can engage it before throttle back, but I leave it off, get to freeway/speed, and then with pinky finger on the TM it's just a simple twist.

When you intall it there is a progression that you do to set it up.

there are 4 washer(spacers) that you trade out and in until the TM is at the edge if engagement (but off). It doesn't take much to partially engage and then if you are on long range freeway you can set it "hard".

It is merely a friction tension of the spacers that "holds" the throttle.

I restate, it isn't really for use in the city blocks. I like it.

Oh, I agree. Just like highway pegs are meant for the highway and not city streets.

I know I've beat this dead horse a lot over the years, but your Rocket comes STOCK with a disassembled throttle lock that's similar to a throttlemeister.

Get a 1" flat rubber washer and an 1.25" rubber washer, wheel bearing seal or whatever. I'm using an FXR wheel seal now, but I've used other rubber washers in the past.

Unscrew the stock throttle side bar end. Gorilla Glue, weld, whatever the screw and spacer to the bar end so that turning the bar end turns the screw.

On my Rockets the 1" washer fits inside the throttle grip against the bar end. I then hold the larger washer against the grip end while I screw in the bar end.

Screwing in the bar end increases tension, out decreases. Adjust to your liking. On long trips I might snug it way down, but usually adjust so the tension in combination with my hand resting on the grip holds it steady. I've never had to adjust it so tight it couldn't be easily over ridden, but it easy to adjust on the go. I've used this method for about 50,000 miles on two different Rockets with complete satisfaction.

I recommend you at least try the 50 cent RocketEd SuperWhamoDyne Throttle Master before spending the big bucks on a Throttlemeister.

Back