Gas Range and Mileage Remaining

technoguppy

Supercharged
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT
I was down to 2km (two) on my range indication on my display.

When I filled up, the tank took 16.8L. Is there a reserve if it hits 0 (zero)? For reference, my wife's Harley goes to 0 THEN a notice appears that says "R 75km" remaining (which she too learned today).

I was really sweating the thought of running out of gas (as to why that's a different story for another thread) but luckily enough I made it with 2km to spare.

I'm getting roughly 300km to a tank but again I don't know if that is it or if there is a reserve that kicks in when it hits 0km. The Gas Light turns on at about 70km so I suspect that it (no reserve) but would be great to know either way.

TIA

On my side, I never empty a tank to avoid any impurity to go to injection/carburator system.

I suspect that, remaining km, when the gas light switches on, are calculated according to our previous gas mileage (first ~ 225 km). As soon as the light is on, we usually slow down a bit when we are close to the end. But the gas mileage is still closer to the one achieved during the first 225 km. That could explain why you still have some gas when it is said that two km are remaining.

Most likely zero its just a good estimate, and most likely the fuel pump is in one of the sides and not exactly at the bare bottom. You may be able to move remaining fuel from one side to the other, stuff like that, but it's better try to avoid the use of the last bits of fuel. If you really want to know, bring some extra fuel in a can...

I've ridden a few miles past 0 before, i cannot remember how much i fit on the tank afterwards though.
I have ridden around 10 Km with 0 remaining Km on the dashboard and could fill in 16l with 18l capacity.
I must admit I was going really slow the last km but there should be around 25 Km left when it says 0.
I do not want to use this reserve anymore but am more relaxed now to drive until the display shows 0 now...
Best, Lutz

Whatever mileage remaining per the display I would believe.
Absolutely right. I just wanted to underline that my gas mileage is always lower before the gas light is on and lower after that..

Back