Jabo75

Eschew Obfuscation
Ride
2005 Rocket 3, 2010 Electraglide Ultra CVO
Anyone had experience with Galfer semi metallic pads? I really want to get the EBC sintered pads, but the Galfers are the only ones in stock and I want to change them this weekend.

Nothing wrong with Galfers and the Semi's will still bite and stop well, they are unlikely to last as long as the HH pads though.

Nothing wrong with Galfers and the Semi's will still bite and stop well, they are unlikely to last as long as the HH pads though.
or you could try carbon/ ceramic from brakecrafters..

After using the Galfer Semis for several months, I have the following observations:

After bedding them in, they seem to grab and stop relatively well
They are cheap compared to others
They make my front wheel filthy with dust in no time at all. I have never had dirtier brake pads.

AlbertaDuke, how long have you been running the carbon/ceramics? I assume they create a lot less dust. How are they on your rotors?
My concern with ceramics is how hard they can be on rotors.

H/H have been the best for me. Way less brake dust excellent stopping power with little fade and last the longest. The oem pad were the worst for brake dust and life, IMO

After using the Galfer Semis for several months, I have the following observations:

After bedding them in, they seem to grab and stop relatively well
They are cheap compared to others
They make my front wheel filthy with dust in no time at all. I have never had dirtier brake pads.

AlbertaDuke, how long have you been running the carbon/ceramics? I assume they create a lot less dust. How are they on your rotors?
My concern with ceramics is how hard they can be on rotors.
I just installed them . do not know how they will behave but we shall see and report as soon as I can get riding

H/H have been the best for me. Way less brake dust excellent stopping power with little fade and last the longest. The oem pad were the worst for brake dust and life, IMO
Link please!

Back