wilbur-t

Top Fuel
Has anyone else noticed their fuel mileage go up quite a bit as the bike got broken in? When I first got my R3, 35 was all she would get, even on the highway.

This past weekend I checked one tankful that amounted to 80 miles of mountain back roads and 110 miles of interstate. Got 40 mpg. Was pleasantly surprised!

The bike has 3,000 miles on it now. Not too bad considering I bought it in November. Been a pretty mild winter here in N.C.:D

Look at that Vonbonds!!! He's getting 40 mpg!!! I'm getting 33 to 35 and that's with a Power Commander and a bunch of other stuff. Vonbonds only gets 3, maybe 4 if he has a tailwind :D:D:D:D You should try taking off the parking brake....

Funny you should mention that, I just figured mine today for this last tank of gas. I got 34 MPG. I didn't figure it to be too bad, because Sunday I did a couple of 40 mile runs at over 90 MPH, sometimes hitting over 100, so I figured 34 MPG was not bad at all for that tank. I will check it again after this tank (back and forth to work) highway riding, but at legal speeds..

I know, it is killling me. I would be lying if I said I wasn't thinking of trading it in on a Tiger. I just do too many miles a year to eat 26mpg on my bike :(.

Toystoretom said:
Look at that Vonbonds!!! He's getting 40 mpg!!! I'm getting 33 to 35 and that's with a Power Commander and a bunch of other stuff. Vonbonds only gets 3, maybe 4 if he has a tailwind :D:D:DYou should try taking off the parking brake....

What is the problem vonbonds? 25 is crap...there is something wrong. My mileage reduced to 25 cuz of a crack in the intake manifold...now its back to 35 to 40. My Rocket is bone stock and staying that way.

You probably want a Tiger anyway though. Go ahead and get it, you can always come back to the Rocket when you get terribly bored with the Tiger.:p

My tune is bone stock. The only thing I've done is a 12 min. tune to smooth out the idle.

I will be installing the cat by-pass soon just for a little more sound.

I traded my tiger in for the R3, used to get over 50 mpg on a trip and go over 300 miles on a tank........I miss that **** ol' thing sometimes.

Back