Hondax said:
My D&D's were on the bike when I bought it and had the option of replacing with stock set-up but to me that was no option. I left it up to my wife in reality, when i ask her if the D&D's seemed loud. She thought they were fine so they stayed on.

A Triumph aftermarket silencer tune was used but my dealer didn't know which one and the bike ran so well i didn't pursue it further. Your dealer should know exactly what tune to use.:)

It just came to me why you like the D&D's,......their made in Texas......HA HA!!!:D ;)

Well, I do like the fact they are made in Texas... hahaha! I also like the fact your wife approve, because that means they are not too obnoxious under normal conditions. This may have to be my next mod.. My closest dealer is LoneStar BMW/Triumph in Austin... They're great people, but not a technically savvy bunch. Hmmm.. I should study up on my Triumph mods and work there when I retire from the Air Force.. :) I think the two on one side looks just fine as well. Truthfully, I think the 3 mufflers is a bit much style wise, but it does give Triumph enough exhaust system volume to work with...

I've heard D&D's on a TBS and on other Triumphs ,and while they sounded awesome, I couldn't see myself riding any long distance with them.

Even though i wear earplugs as mentioned earlier, cruising at 75mph the wind noise is dominate followed by the D&D's, then the motor and transmission sounds. All can be heard individually with a little concentration, which to me is ideal.

Like most "glass packed" silencers they only roar under acceleration. My wife followed behind me for 90 miles in her Murano and hardly ever heard the Rocket. I began to wonder if they were loud at all!!!:) :rolleyes:

You will be fine on a long trip IMHO:)

i got better milage riding in the rocky mountains.probly cause the r3 makes so much torqe goin up hill dosent use much juice and down hiil nothin.best milage 45 worst 25 but there was a lot of yee haa with the worst. the cat box eliminator is all ive done.

I average 37 to 40 mpg (imperial UK gallon) I have found that with restraint and holding a steady cruising speed of 75 to 80 MPH I have managed 47 MPG. This was using a throttle rocker type device to hold the throttle steady. It started me thinking about getting some sort of throttle lock, to help on longer runs.

I have had consumption down in the high 20's two up riding like a knob 'ead.

With the cost of petrol hitting around £4.50 (about $8.50) a gallon riding a bike is getting to be expensive. I'm glad I've got the C90 Honda to run around on (120+ MPG)

My old Sprint RS would return 50 to 60MPG!

I'm off touring France and Northern Spain in October so MPG is starting to focus my mind perhaps I should go on the Honds c90?:rolleyes:

I'm off touring France and Northern Spain in October so MPG is starting to focus my mind perhaps I should go on the Honds c90?

Having seen how much stuff and how many people those in third world countries can haul on one..........

:) I have the cat bypass...TORS...Unifilters.....20055 Triumph tune....35mpg....Tuneboy coming this week so we'll see what happens after installing the new 2005_3 tune

Mods vs. milage

Stock mufflers (drilled out with 10 inch bit to get through both baffle plates), cat eliminator, PC III with the built in tune = 30 mpg.
The pipes sound great BTW. Not obnoxious. More like a Ferrari.
I'm dead serious. I wind it out and it doesn's sound like any bike I've heard. Sounds like a highly tuned European sports car.
Oh yes and don't try drilling the baffles while the bike is running. I tried this so I could hear the exhaust tone change during idle. Soon found that my exposed arms were on fire from tiny bits of fiberglass that was blowing out as I drilled. Washing didn't help and was reduced to long strips of the wide cellophane package tape until I got it all. Took awhile for all the hair to grow back also.:mad:

mine has been getting steadily better as I get closer to 10,000 miles.

I averaged about 40 this last trip through the mountains.

Running the jardines, unifilter and I was running a custom map, now switched back to the pod filter map on the Tuneboy site

StayPuff Man

Toystoretom said:
Look at that Vonbonds!!! He's getting 40 mpg!!! I'm getting 33 to 35 and that's with a Power Commander and a bunch of other stuff. Vonbonds only gets 3, maybe 4 if he has a tailwind. You should try taking off the parking brake....
If i had to take a guess at his crappy mileage...i'd have to say it's got something to do with that "StayPuff Marshmellow Man" suit he wears when he rides! That suit has a cohefiecent drag of about a 1000%! A fully deployed chute on a top fuel dragster is slicker in the wind than that getup! :D :D :D Bigern

Back