40 Mpg

Wilbur - any other Captains slipping in an extra gallon while you're off draining a vein? Hot ****! 40 MPG! Another great aspect to look forward to. They do advertise 35-39. You too must motor at lounging speeds.

Interesting long thread,and wonder if you have to hold your mouth a certain way to get 40mpg.I get around 35 on average.Hi was 37 low of 33.Now I have bags on generally but bone stock.Recently added the winter windshield with lowers and it dropped to 33 to 34.I know low tires will affect it a bit also.

I just returned from a 3 day bike trip thru the mountains in BC, Montana and Idaho. I got 223 miles on 18.4 litres of gas. The gas light went on at 202 miles and I know I have a minimum 35+ more miles to go before I'm pushing. I run a stock 05 with 7000 miles on it(K & N filter only). You do the math.:):):) Yes I'm very happy with that.

When I got either bike it was 34, this bike has 3500 on it now and I have noticed better milage to 37.5 and that is mostly city driving and 2up. I'm really taking it easy until after the RAA get together for tire and financial concerns.:(

Accessorize For Mileage

I routinely get 165 miles before the idiot light comes on, and fill between 4 and 4.3 gallons(38.3-41.25mpg). I don't ride fast (over 80) but do accelerate hard. I seldom worry about mileage but monitor it for major changes. I can get 35 mpg pulling a trailer at hiway speeds. I run cat box delete, stock pipes, with a windsheild and Triumph panniers. I'm thinking the good gas milage is from the addition of the flipmeister brake line clamps and bag stiffiners. However I did not notice a increase from the addition of the wire harness clamps, but then those are tucked neatly behind the windscreen,:D:D

M P Geeeeeze

Pulled the power commander to see if it had anything to do with my idle problems and my milage went from 30 t0 37. This was cruising at 70 to 80 MPH and a little city driving mixed in. Will have Captain Coreoleus's jars and uni's on tomorrow so will have to plug the PC-III back in and find a good tune. I'll keep you posted.........

Pulled the power commander to see if it had anything to do with my idle problems and my milage went from 30 t0 37. This was cruising at 70 to 80 MPH and a little city driving mixed in. Will have Captain Coreoleus's jars and uni's on tomorrow so will have to plug the PC-III back in and find a good tune. I'll keep you posted.........

Chinese proverb say.....The more you fiddle with it, the less mileage you get.

My cage gets 30 and I don't eat bugs or get wet in the rain.

mpg

I have triple k&n, butterflies removed, custom header and pc3. I got 40mpg average before mods, and 39 mpg now( thats steady 75 mph) with dyno tune. If your mileage dropped that much your power commander tune not too good. I live in rocky mnt region, and think that the computer is leaning the mixture out somewhat for this altitude, thus the good mpg.

Back