Mpg

07 Rocket Classic Tourer full bag, windshield package. Current mods include TORS, Cat-Elim, O2 terminated, individual K&N's, tune. Fuel light comes on at 200+ miles, fill 4.5+ gallons, tend to be heavy on the throttle.
Mileage you tell me.

The only thing i've done is replace the stock pipes with new aftermarket pipes. I'm getting 33.3 city driving ( and thats NYC ) I'm getting close to 41 on the highway.

cheers
geo

I know this thread had been going on for some time, and I am going to jump in on this. I have a 05 Rocket that I purchased new and now have 24000 miles. Since new I have been disappointed in the fuel mileage, I get 25-30 mpg. this was true with all stock equipment or with mild modifications, such as Mad Dog pipes, Tuneboy tune. The bike runs just fine, but seems to run slightly rich, as I have changed the spark plugs twice and they were black and the inside of the pipe end get black. I have repeatedly checked the sensor input data from the tuneboy console and are fine. I believe that the issue is in the ECU due to the fact that I also experienced the idle trouble that some of us were plagued with until I hard set it. if anyone had had the ECU changed on their bike I would appreciate some input.

milage

I think you have some sort of malfunction, with the mods you have you shouldn't be in the 20's. In fact... as poor as your mileage is, I would almost think that you would see lots of black smoke from your exhaust indicating a very rich mixture. The tips of your exhaust should be heavily coated in carbon. I know for a fact Triumph dealers have an exhaust gas analizer that should confirm a very rich mixture.

You know what you should try first though??? I would check the accuracy of your odometer against mile markers. If you go an actual 10 miles but your odometer only shows 7 thats is going to mess up your calculation for MPG big time. This happens with cars more than you might think... the two main culprits being the speedo head (the odometer itself is malfunctioning) and the vehicle speed sensor and/or its wiring harness. I wouldn't measure it against a GPS. Or is that how you are doing it...... Oh Oh.... The GPS may be spot on and everyone knows the speedo on Triumphs are about 10% off, and so is the odometer probably. Maybe we are all getting 28 MPG in reality but our out of wack speedos are just putting a rosy tint on things...

i dont know about you guys but if im getting on it 24 to 26 mpg is all i get
if im cruising 55 to 60 at about 2800 to 3000 rpm i can get 38 to 40
i have ,
cat by pass
off rd pipes
full power triumph tune
ive had it dyno'ed at 151 horse and about 160 ft lb torque
raises hell with my back tire but i wouldnt trade for nothing

no replacement for displacement

Back