Frustration is over

T Evans

Supercharged
Ok you guys are not going to believe what was keeping the T/B from working properly for me. Scott, aka (Warp 9.9) had a thought and asked if I still had the GIPro hooked up while I was trying to load the T/B? I did so I disconnected the GIPro and started my install. And what do ya know, it started working. All that head ache and BS I put myself thru was because the GIPro was messing with the signal somehow. Go figure.
So I now have what I've been wanting and now the bad weather is moving in and it will be some time next week before I'm going to be able to go try it out. They are calling for 10" to 12" of the white stuff tomorrow night and really low temps around 10 at night coming up this week end.
I still don't understand why T/B didn't get back with me and why it took a phone call from Scott directly to Wayne before we heard anything. I don't know?
Thats the good news, the not so good news is the bike is running pretty rough so I just completed a 12 min tune and it didn't seem to help.

So does anybody have a good tune for Jardines, triple filters, and secondaries removed?

I guess I should ask if any body else is running a GIPro with a T/B. I wouldn't think so because if you have the T/B, you don't need the GIPro. I guess now I will be using the GIPro strickley as a gear position indicator which is OK by me to.
I should be able to attain my goal of having a cruzer thats capabile of 150 mph if I feel the need for speed.
Thanks to everyone for all their help and words of encourage. Now all I got to do is find the right tune and get the thing fine tuned.

Big T

Ok you guys are not going to believe what was keeping the T/B from working properly for me. Scott, aka (Warp 9.9) had a thought and asked if I still had the GIPro hooked up while I was trying to load the T/B? I did so I disconnected the GIPro and started my install. And what do ya know, it started working. All that head ache and BS I put myself thru was because the GIPro was messing with the signal somehow. Go figure.
So I now have what I've been wanting and now the bad weather is moving in and it will be some time next week before I'm going to be able to go try it out. They are calling for 10" to 12" of the white stuff tomorrow night and really low temps around 10 at night coming up this week end.
I still don't understand why T/B didn't get back with me and why it took a phone call from Scott directly to Wayne before we heard anything. I don't know?
Thats the good news, the not so good news is the bike is running pretty rough so I just completed a 12 min tune and it didn't seem to help.

So does anybody have a good tune for Jardines, triple filters, and secondaries removed?

I guess I should ask if any body else is running a GIPro with a T/B. I wouldn't think so because if you have the T/B, you don't need the GIPro. I guess now I will be using the GIPro strickley as a gear position indicator which is OK by me to.
I should be able to attain my goal of having a cruzer thats capabile of 150 mph if I feel the need for speed.
Thanks to everyone for all their help and words of encourage. Now all I got to do is find the right tune and get the thing fine tuned.

Big T

I am running a GIPro with TORS, Triples and a Tuneboy Tune on the R3T. I loaded the tune before I got the GIPro. I got it for the Gear Indicator which I Love and wanted to have the option of going back to stock should there be regulatory emission or loudness issues later on.

Well T at least we are making Progress and I think we can get the rest sorted out. I was just thinking if the gig pro fools the ECU into think its in 4th I was wondering if it was fooling Tune Boy into thinking there was no 1 thru 3 in the ECY which stumped it and us for a while?
I also want to mention so no one thinks anything that I cunsulted with Wayne Tripp from Power-Tripp performance not Tune-Boy. Not that I would not mind talking to Tun Boy but hey My cell package does not allow me to call down under.
I had T do the reselt adaptives prior to the 12 minute tune and I think he is making some progress as he said it would not idle before. I think he need to ride N1 or Regulator, or Mr. pipes himself Travel Guy's leg as maybe there Predator tune will work one thing for sure I think a lot of you have more experience then I.
Also T I don't know if you have a PC3 hooked up as it might be you need to load a zero map in it because it might be making it a bit Rich if she is hooked back up.
Also as you said it is pretty darn cold in your garage and I do not know where your air temp sensor is it also might be measuring some cold temps and making it enrichen up to much.

to finish off I had the fed ex truck show up today and lookie what arrived from across the pond from TTS performance

Now I have to get her off to be anodized

T, glad to hear your getting it sorted out. I think I'll stay away from tuneboy, I'm doing good just to send an email. I'm afraid tuneboy is way above my paygrade. I admire you all who have the ability to tackle such matters.:cool:

Yeah, glad you're on the right track. You're a better man than I. I wouldn't touch a Tune Boy with a 10 foot pole. There are some guys on the Tiger forum that have the Tune Boy and it's just as big of a pain in the ass with the Tiger as it is the Rocket from I can tell from the posts.

Ok fella's, I got home from work a while ago and lifted the gas tank and started looking for the cause of the rough idle I had last night. I found a vacume line I had knocked off while I was working under there. Thats the miss we were hearing last night Scott aka (Warp). I connected the vac hose and fired her up. Sounds great with a crisp throttle response. So I went and got the lap top and down loaded the tune that Brian sent me first for the Jardines. I replaced the bear claw and installed the GIpro and reset it to the ( - ) so as to not affect the bike any. I put the seat back on and wiped her down and put the cover on her and turned the lights out.
Its about 28 degrees out side and from the way it sounds and looks, it will be next week some time before conditions improve enough to take her for a spin and see if I have that elusive Bagger. You know the one I'm talking about, the one that'll hit that 150 mph mark. I can't wait.
Thanks again Scott and Brian and Ken aka Stripes for selling me the T/B.

Big T

Last edited:
RD and I actually agree on something. :p
T I'm glad things came together for you, I think I actually felt your panic from here. I would have s#!t myself knowing I corrupted the ECM and the program wouldn't load.
Good job dude.

Last edited:
Back