front wheel interchange

transalpian

.020 Over
Does anyone know if the stock 17" front wheel from a 2005 will interchange with a stock 16" from a later model touring?

I run a sidecar rig and would prefer the 16" diameter for a --much-- wider tire selection. (car tires, that is :cool:)

I thought all Rockets had a 17 inch front rim 150/80/17. The only difference is the style. Not sure if the fork width and bushings are the same.

I thought all Rockets had a 17 inch front rim 150/80/17. The only difference is the style. Not sure if the fork width and bushings are the same.

According to the Triumph website, the touring model has a 16"x3.5" front wheel and wears a 150/80-16 tire. Can anyone who has a touring confirm this?

Warpe.... My gawd man I am devastated I thought you were the king of all rocket knowledge:eek:

:D

Just kiddin buddy yeah the touring does have a 16 inch front

Warpe.... My gawd man I am devastated I thought you were the king of all rocket knowledge:eek:

:D

Just kiddin buddy yeah the touring does have a 16 inch front

Na Hans I don't keep up on the slow ones. The only reason I know something about them is the engines are the same :cool:

Oh but I have investigated putting the standard rear frame and swing arm with the standard differential and fat arse 240 onto the touring frame and it can be done.

Was wondering about the forks also but all that work just to turn it into a Rocket you might as well start out with one :D

To right I have to admit when I first saw a touring I thought mr triumph must have hired an ex hardly designer to design it, it just doesn't do it for me .... To pretty and showy bit like a Harly clone. Sorry touring owners I am not trying to offend anyone just being honest, it ain't my cuppa tea:)

To right I have to admit when I first saw a touring I thought mr triumph must have hired an ex hardly designer to design it, it just doesn't do it for me .... To pretty and showy bit like a Harly clone. Sorry touring owners I am not trying to offend anyone just being honest, it ain't my cuppa tea:)

Yes I think Mr. Triumph was looking to take some of HD money and why not I figure its like saving them 10 to 15 K .

Its not my style but then mine is a little different anyway. To each his own like the square tire ****.

As long as the bike makes you happy who cares!!!

Back