Vinyl Wheel Pin Stripes

3VEL 1

.020 Over
Joined
Apr 11, 2026
Messages
13
Location
Washington State
Ride
2024 Rocket 3 GT Evel Knievel Edition
I just wanted to share an inexpensive and relatively easy mod that I completed over this past weekend.

I'm sure the look is not for everyone, or for every paint scheme. However, I am very pleased with how this turned out for my Evel Knievel edition R3.

Here is where I purchased the kit:

Installation was fairly straight-forward, but here are my tips:
1) This mod requires that the bike be lifted, so that the wheels can be rotated during installation. I would consider this a requirement, not an option. I can't imagine a successful installation without rotating the wheel.
2) Cleaning takes most of the time. The instructions call for a 3-step process. First: degreaser. I used a spray engine cleaner. Second: Window cleaner with Ammonia. I used Windex. Last: Rubbing Alcohol.
3) The kit comes with 7 stripes. You will need 4 of them, and the others are there to practice with or to correct mistakes. I re-did the first one I tried.
4) The key to successful installation is holding the tool firmly against the edge of the rim through a full rotation of the wheel while the tape is being applied. Once you get the technique down, it is super easy. Have sharp scissors on hand to cut the vinyl to length.

The result is very nice. It is nearly impossible to find the "seam" where the vinyl ends, and the red color nicely matches both the Brembo logo as well as the red Evel Knievel stripes. See for yourself:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260926_225324101_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260926_225324101_HDR.jpg
    291.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20260926_230030151_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260926_230030151_HDR.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20260926_230330839.jpg
    IMG_20260926_230330839.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_20260926_225740665_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20260926_225740665_HDR.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top