Featured Front Tire Change Time

Discussion in 'General Tech Talk' started by Gregger, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Gregger

Gregger Turbocharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2012 Rocket Roadster
    Originally posted this in an older thread from the UK forum section by accident. Should have started a new thread so....

Here are the questions.

Has anybody tried the new Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 front tire? Apparently it was just released late last year. Made exclusively for the cruiser market. I'm replacing my Bridgestone 701 and was torn between trying the Avon Cobra and this. Both priced the same here in Canada.

Will try the 140/75R 17 size.

Concerning the ABS, can you use a 140/75R 17 on the front and the 240/55R 16 on the rear with no issues?
    What about ground clearance issues?

Thanks to Claviger for already responding in the other thread.

DaddyRabbit and Tattoomick like this.
  2. warp9.9

warp9.9 Pocałuj mnie w dupę

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    07 Rocket
    Yes you can. I was looking at it and just set a rim up with a exedra max to run with the cobra front. To bad they only make a 240/18 rear. Next time I'm home I'll order a set as I have a rim modified to 18 inch. Who knows this might emd up being the max's replacement. Hope it has the wear ratio tbey are bragging about as the rear is 40 bucks more then a max

Last edited: Apr 5, 2018
    Gregger likes this.
  3. WyldCFH

WyldCFH Loud @ss SuperDuke R

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    '18 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

No issues whatsoever concerning ABS. No clearance issue that I have noticed, though I drug the pegs with stocks sizes and the EMax/Cobra setups

Gregger likes this.
  4. Journeyman28778

Journeyman28778 "And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    '11 Rocket III Roadster
    Approaching 5k miles and time for tires (again!). I am wondering about going with a Bridgestone Battlecruise H50 on the front. The question was asked by @Gregger about this tire some while ago. No response, so I'm hoping to resurrect the thread.

I've been running the Dunlop American Elite 140/75R-17, but since Bridgestone is giving rebates I thought I might give their H50 a go, along with the usual Exedra Max on the rear.

Also, knowing how we all like to go off in tangents.... I'd like to know how some of you gents get 10k + miles to a tire, especially if your geography requires you actually to lean the bike over (twisties). It's a mystery to me.

5. Tattoomick

Tattoomick Tattoo mad

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2013 Triumph rocket 3 roadster
    Hi gregger I have just put the Avon cobra chrome on 140/75/17 it goes into corners much easier and seems to be a better compound than the standard cobra, mileage wise I can't say because I have only done 120 miles on it. But so far so good. Only time will tell.

Dr.D and John Miller like this.
  6. John Miller

John Miller .040 Over

Australia
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2011 Rocket 3 roadster
    Changing tire sizes is only one aspect of changing the rake angle - as you would all know, sliding the forks up the triple clamp or raising the rear by extending the shock length will also provide you with considerable geometry options. Squat, rebound, COG, swing arm angle, spring rate and sag play a significant part in getting the bike to handle to suit your riding style or change the handling characteristics for your purpose- tyre size change is one way of changing geometry.

Just remember less rake provides more low speed stability at the sacrifice of high speed stability, which is why sports bikes have less rake than your cruisers, they are designed for different purposes. This is why there is always a compromise - we just have to find the right compromise that suits each of our riding styles or preferred handling charastics.

If you are cashed up you can purchase software to analyse and optimize your bikes suspension for the track or the road - also there is plenty of information available online if you want to spend the time to research it - doesn't cost anything.

7. Thedogsbollocks

Thedogsbollocks Turbocharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    Rocket Roadster 2018
    What about any change to straight line high speed stability

8. Tattoomick

Tattoomick Tattoo mad

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Not noticed much difference if any still goes like hell but when you get to the Twisties it's so much more fun . Best thing you will do to make it go in to them Twisties better in my opinion , next upgrade is suspension for me just to make it even that much better.

Thedogsbollocks likes this.
  9. Tattoomick

Tattoomick Tattoo mad

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    John miller that is a perfect explanation pal.

10. Dr.D

Dr.D Octane Boost

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster
    I have done the suspension front and rear then the motor, now I’m on to tires. I’m going to try the Exedra Max on the rear and the Cobra Chrome on the front. Our roads are all about the twisties.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice