Jamie

Thats a great idea Jamie.Thanks,now l'll have to search this one horse town for silver gray vinyl.Probably have to order it.Needed a new project.

bigern2300

I just cut out a plexaglass replacement for that heavy metal one. (weight freak)Then painted the letters on the back in reverse. What color is your bike.Suggest that color letters. U could use just about anything for the plate.(metal,aluminum,plastic,even some nice wood veneer if your gona paint it.I remember the first tri power I seen on a 65 GTO.Loved it.Later Gota go find some vinyl..

jack, why didn't you powder coat the forks? i'm planning on chroming the triple trees and black powder coating the forks but if there is a reason not to i'd rather find out now.

travelguy

I just did the vinyl thing to see how it would look in case I did not like it.Powder coating is the way to go.And chrome trees WOW.But I do like the option of changing back.I also discovered on my last custom with a powder coated frame that it will chip.(big enough rocks)and that lacquer thinner will soften it and kill the shine.So no laquer thinner to clean bugs off lol. I was really suprised at this because lacquer thinner won't soften the latest urethanes I use for custom paint jobs.Also powder coat will not stand up to exhuast temps.Make sure to tape up bearing surfaces, and where parts mate together.If I could afford it I would go powder coat. Are u planing flat or gloss black?

vonbonds

Thanks VB and congrats on the wedding.Hope it lasts like mine,39 years with the same woman.Holey crap.Anyway I wanted to ask u the date u got the rocket.Do I remember around the same time as me,aug.04? Was yours an early one.Have u had the output bearing problem? I know u have lots of mileage and just trying to figure when its going to go. Thanks Jack

jack, gloss black... course that and the header/exhaust # 4 build may get put off.. saw a bmw 1200 gs adventure when i was at bmw test fitting a schuberth helmet... this is the only bike i'd give up the r3 for.
ship that bad boy to asia and s.a. and go have some fun.

Hey Jamie

Is yours an early one?No bearing problems??By the way your carbon fiber looks like really high quality.Best I have seen.Your whole bike looks very sophisticated.Mine looks like a bar hopper,ok a luxo bar hopper.Man be carefull on that ****** rocket.Your reflexes ain't like they were when u were 19.Ask me.I totaled my first busa at age 60.I know its a rush so I will shut up.Can u get any video or picts. at this track demo? Love to see that.

Thanks VB and congrats on the wedding.Hope it lasts like mine,39 years with the same woman.Holey crap.Anyway I wanted to ask u the date u got the rocket.Do I remember around the same time as me,aug.04? Was yours an early one.Have u had the output bearing problem? I know u have lots of mileage and just trying to figure when its going to go. Thanks Jack

Thanks Jack,

I don't remember off hand how many miles I have but it is around 34K. My bike has always had a little buzz to it so I don't think I have that problem. I assume the problem would get worse and worse as time went along so that isn't the case with my bike.

Back