Mad Max (V-Max) comes to an end

wjb

Nitrous
Ride
2008 Rocket III Touring
The Yamaha V-Max is a bike I have always wanted to own so I keep my eye on news related to that motorcycle. I came across an article listing the upcoming 2021 model Yamahas and noticed that there is no Vmax for 2021. Sad to see this bike go, it pretty much started the muscle bike category all by it's self in 1985.

My guess is it will be back with a turbo charged engine. Yamaha is going to smaller displacement engines with turbos to beat the emissions tests. From what I heard that's what killed off the Max.

I hate it going as well though I haven't had one since I killed mine in 2009. They do notsell as well as they needed for sustainment. Too many riders are afraid of them or their range is too short for others.

My son has been nagging me to get a VMax. So yesterday I went to the all Yamaha dealer in our area. To my surprise they told me the same thing. 2020 is the last for VMAx. I also got the specsheet for it and saw it is rated at 27 MPG with only a 4 gallon tank. That killed it for me. It needs a 6 or 7 gallon tank.

Back