Front brake pulsation on 2018 rocket 3

Michael_G

Road Therapy...
Ride
"Fiona" my '14 R3T & "Delilah" my '16 V-Rod Muscle
How many miles? I'm no expert, but I'd check the ABS sensor or see if the rotor is somehow warped.
-MIG

WAYNETET

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 triumph rocket iii roadster
How do I check the ABS sensor? I never had a bike with ABS before. Is it normal for them to pulsate on all braking?

Michael_G

Road Therapy...
Ride
How do I check the ABS sensor? I never had a bike with ABS before. Is it normal for them to pulsate on all braking?
Maybe @DEcosse can help with how, but what you describe is what I feel when the ABS kicks in on my '14 R3T. It is NOT normal unless the front tire is about to lock (i.e. you brake too hard).
-MIG

WAYNETET

Standard Bore
Ride
2018 triumph rocket iii roadster
That's what I thought. It is still under warrantee but the closest dealer is about an hour away. I may have to bite the bullet and drop it off.

DEcosse

If it's no Scottish it's CRAP!
Ride
Triumph Daytona (Custom)
The sensor itself is pretty robust - any problems are more likely to be in the ABS Pulsar Ring (the toothed disc that the sensor looks at) - check both front and rear for any issues, either warped or bent or missing teeth.
Could also be slightly tweaked brake rotor - rotate the wheel and see if any of rotors makes contact with pad at anywhere in its rotation.

Michael_G

Road Therapy...
Ride
That's what I thought. It is still under warrantee but the closest dealer is about an hour away. I may have to bite the bullet and drop it off.
Then I would definitely have it checked out. Please share what you find out.
-MIG

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of R3Owners. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker for R3Owners.Net.

I've Disabled AdBlock