Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

@Penner , reflashed my 2020 3GT/ comp werks with the 31013 full power map and Wowzers! Everything went so smoothly! Thanks to everyone who contributes but especially you Ulf! 🍻
This forum page made it easy. Can't say thank you enough. So many smiles...my cheeks were hurting. Muchos mahalos!
Hopefully I can get my bike done soon, that said cant locally find (out of stock) OBDLink in South Africa ... will also have to find a Andriod device somewhere. No intention of replacing air filter or stock exhaust. I'm also at altitude (+1500m). ...dreaming of an unrestricted bike, albiet standard...

I’ve eventually received my obdlink, updated ETV tables and remove limiter. You can follow my progress here ECU Reprograming - ODBlink MX+

do I need to reset engine adaptations? one of the listed resetitems is crank position sensor? are these things that should be reset? best wishes all
Don’t do the reset adapt. There’s a warning somewhere about that. It can throw the cps off which would require resetting that. You can do the 15 min idle adapt.

what about AFR air fuel ratio? the low to midrange is sitting at 14.5
will 13.5 or lower not be a better value?

standard AFR table below
IMG_0032.jpeg

possible suggestion …
IMG_0031.jpeg

what about AFR air fuel ratio? the low to midrange is sitting at 14.5
will 13.5 or lower not be a better value?

standard AFR table below
IMG_0032.jpeg

possible suggestion …
IMG_0031.jpeg
Can ‘o worms. The area in red where the values are 14.5 (roughly stoichiometric) defines where the ECU could go into closed loop (using the O2 sensors). Additional conditions for closed loop are steady throttle and low engine load, which means not accelerating. There may be some partial use of the sensors around the edges of the red area. With Penner’s AFR, closed loop should be turned off. The amount of fuel delivered is calculated from the mg of air in the F or L table divided by the corresponding air/fuel ratio (divided by 20, then converted to injector pulse width from the injector constant). So you can’t just compare fuel tables if the AFR tables are different. See what I mean? You’d have to divide through by the AFR first before doing the comparison.

Can ‘o worms. The area in red where the values are 14.5 (roughly stoichiometric) defines where the ECU could go into closed loop (using the O2 sensors). Additional conditions for closed loop are steady throttle and low engine load, which means not accelerating. There may be some partial use of the sensors around the edges of the red area. With Penner’s AFR, closed loop should be turned off. The amount of fuel delivered is calculated from the mg of air in the F or L table divided by the corresponding air/fuel ratio (divided by 20, then converted to injector pulse width from the injector constant). So you can’t just compare fuel tables if the AFR tables are different. See what I mean? You’d have to divide through by the AFR first before doing the comparison.
so penner made changes to fuelling tables which I guess is adding fuel as they area bit lean in the low-mid range????
i don’t understand the effect of his F- value chnges and therefore very reluctant to use those values. I have asked previously but don't get responses which adds to my frustration?

does the rocket use narrow band sensor for AFR?? if so I doubt changes here will make a difference. I do know the rocket is lean in the low/midrange and would like to at a little fuel for saftey and bang… how that relates to F tables I dont know…..

thank you for your quick responses bud!

so penner made changes to fuelling tables which I guess is adding fuel as they area bit lean in the low-mid range????
i don’t understand the effect of his F- value chnges and therefore very reluctant to use those values. I have asked previously but don't get responses which adds to my frustration?

does the rocket use narrow band sensor for AFR?? if so I doubt changes here will make a difference. I do know the rocket is lean in the low/midrange and would like to at a little fuel for saftey and bang… how that relates to F tables I dont know…..

thank you for your quick responses bud!
There’s no way to know if the stock mid range is lean without putting it on a dyno and measuring it. Penner added some fuel to the F and L tables in the mid rpm’s. And also lowered the AFR values which also increases fuel. He’s a professional tuner. He did this stuff on a dyno. I would defer to his judgement. I would use his fuel tables, his AFR table, and his ETV3 tables and leave rain and road stock.

The Rocket and all other bikes use narrow band O2 lambda sensors. But Penner effectively turned this off as I explained. There’s no reason to use closed loop except for pollution control. You could disconnect or remove the sensor and uncheck the O2 sensor box in Tuneecu and you wouldn’t notice the difference.

much appreciate your response and knowledge sharing, thank you!

F divided by AFR = Injector Pulse ? correct?
then lowering AFR values will “automatically” increase injector pulse which increases fuel delivery?? correct?,
I have no doubt in Penner's ability and knowledge and hence I want clarity as to what changes he made other than ETV and why? conditions, fuel and altitude here and in Germany is vastly different and would affect results.
so for me I need to understand what, why and how much to ensure the changes reflect our conditions, fuel and altitude (1500m)
I was not aware he made changes to the AFR tables. I will go look at it to see if I can figure the basics to adapt for our conditions.
best wishes

much appreciate your response and knowledge sharing, thank you!

F divided by AFR = Injector Pulse ? correct?
then lowering AFR values will “automatically” increase injector pulse which increases fuel delivery?? correct?,
I have no doubt in Penner's ability and knowledge and hence I want clarity as to what changes he made other than ETV and why? conditions, fuel and altitude here and in Germany is vastly different and would affect results.
so for me I need to understand what, why and how much to ensure the changes reflect our conditions, fuel and altitude (1500m)
I was not aware he made changes to the AFR tables. I will go look at it to see if I can figure the basics to adapt for our conditions.
best wishes
Fuel table/AFR = mg fuel (x20)
Mg fuel/injector flow rate = injector pulse time

Yes, lowering AFR increases the amount of fuel called for and increases the injector pulse time.

You can ask Penner why he increased the fuel in areas where he did. Probably because it was lean there. And also to turn off closed loop. Note that he didn’t screw around with the ignition.

The altitude shouldn’t be a concern. The bike knows the ambient pressure and the ecu compensates for changes in it.

Back