For Sale Frank Thomas Black Leather Jacket EU54/US44

Check with your doctor first and get monitored if you do, a complete hi protein, hi fat, NO CARB diet CAN but NOT will necessarily harm your health.

Kidney failure is no joke and if your lucky they will resume working otherwise you are on dialysis and waiting for a transplant.

The 'CAN but not WILL" part of that is important to recognize and understand
a) the low carb thing itself (i.e. absence of carbs) has nothing to do with kidney performance
b) High protein diet can put additional strain on those with already chronic kidney problems

An LCHP diet does not CAUSE kidney failure on its own but should not be considered by anyone with already compromised kidneys as the additional protein load can exacerbate that

The Dr advice is a good one however if you have any concerns.
What I found is that all of my vitals were improved after losing the weight (and while still on the reduction phase) - the only index that went up was my LDL cholesterol which went up really high; research shows that any rapid weight loss can cause this to happen - the number is high from your own fat your burning! That blood test was right at 30 lbs loss in 3 months - I have another test scheduled now weight has stabilized to check and expect it should have returned to normal.

Alcohol - this one was important during the reduction phase - it is a double problem because (for me anyway) it would additionally promote snacking. I now joke that I didn't QUIT drinking, just deferred it! :D

Maintenance - I eat virtually the same as I did in reduction phase for most part - have not returned to the starches; however it is no longer critical I avoid carbs (or alcohol) so critically and will allow an occasional treat. Maintaining the exercise and just not completely reverting to pre-diet intake is key.

Last edited:
I have to give you credit for losing that much weigh.:thumbsup: Thanks for posting the advice. I've always been active in sports and in the construction field but I'm turning 65 in December and for the past two years my metabolism is slowing down with weight gain. I like the above and below ground advice, I'll have to give that a try along with less carbs...!:D

Advice I would give you @albertaduke (& @Joesmoe if serious about trying) is to be really disciplined in your carb intake - I was clicking off avge of 3lbs a week & lost 30 in only 11 weeks. The biggest motivation to staying disciplined is seeing the results - but the foods you can eat are so enjoyable it makes it easy
The key to it working is to get into ketosis (Google it) - it just won't work if you cheat & blow out on high carbs at some point of the day
I honestly didn't count them but recognized what foods had high carbs - that included fruit! - and just focused on proteins & fat
With vegetables, doesn't mean you can't eat those - just be selective; a good general rule (But also note is not 100%) is above ground good, below ground bad
ie cabbage Brussels broccoli cauliflower etc are all great; carrots potatoes turnips sweet potatoes etc all bad; technically onion (& families) are above ground but high sugar so pass on those
Avocados are great fruit alternative & macadamia nuts if you need to snack - if you like to eat chips, go for Fried Pork Rinds instead - still have the crunch, ZERO carbs
And again - just totally kill all bread, pasta, rice & potatoes - don't moderate, just eliminate those.
Eating out is easy - one of my standards in reduction phase was Outback Steakhouse - they had a great steak & lobster deal - enjoy those swimming in butter just pass on the bread & potato - I would typically just do double broccoli for the sides
They currently have steak & UNLIMITED shrimp deal - that's right in our wheelhouse :D
I LOVE Sushi - kind of a no-no with the rice though; not sure if they have where you guys are, but Poke restaurants are becoming really popular here - those are awesome and can be virtually carb-free

If either of you need a coach, more than happy to help

@DEcosse thanks a lot for the update, I am fully aware of what you mention as I have been on lower carb program last winter , then I succumbed to the potato devil 's call in the spring but now that I have plenty time and motivation and I repaired my treadmill which I will use three mornings a week as part of overall reshaping of my figure. I expect to look like my Siamese brother BTW Apollo is his name. :laugh:

Reduced to move - now at $75 plus shipping

Buy it together with this one and get BOTH for $120 total plus shipping

Back