Forward Controls

Sorry, I am leaving to go work in Ghana on the 25th so I won't be able to make another set, if you go onto the .com site under the same thread there was a member who had a set made my a machinist, I know he made a jig so making another set might not be too hard. Hope this helps.
-Stew

I just bought a new R111 Roadster yesterday thinking it was the same as the two I sat on back in Jan and Feb of 2011. I got a rude awakening yesterday when i took it off the trailer after driving 500+ miles to get one. Im too long and have a bad hip and I cannot get my feet to the shift side w/o major pain. Now I don't know what the heck im gonna do. Traded in one I could at least ride w/pain,LOL,LOL. What a mess. Its made for a little person with short legs.I sat on it at the dealers w/o bringing my feet up off the floor ,it was comfortable to sit on on its side stand.I need it all to drop some and move forward at least 4 or 5 inches.Ive never owned a new bike in my life and Ive been saving for this since I spotted it in Rider's mag,well i own one now at the young age of 66,LOL.You IngrahamS my friend have a darn nice looking workshop.

G'day Gary and welcome to the site. For reasons I can't phathom, Triumph shifted the pegs back on the Roadster. There will be people on here who I'm sure would happily swap your peg set-up for the 'older' style on the Standards and Classics, which I think are still too far back but certainly better (for me) than the Roadster. And I'm only 5'11"!

Does anyone here have that gentlemans name or email or website that has the jig to make these control extensions for the Roadster,I have a 2012 that I cannot ride and just traded in a nice VTX to get one. Didn't know the Roadster had a diff frame than the classic or the touring model.Sat on those two,very comfy for me,I screwed up? thank you.

His user name is GorgeRider and he is on the R3Owners.com site, you can see his write up of his controls and contact him through this link...

Looking at the roadsters control frames it looks like there is just a welded on bracket for your braking/shifter/pegs, if this is true then it would be as easy as carefully cutting off that bracket and moving it forward down the frame and re-welding it back in place. the standard and classic use a cast piece which is part of the frame which is why all this extra work was needed. The roadster (if I am correct about it only being a welded on bracket on the outside of the frame tube) should be the easiest to modify out of all the rockets. But remember you will need a new brake line, shift rod, and possibly a electrical harness extension for the abs. If you can post some pictures of the controls so we can get a better look at them we will be able to point you in the right direction. hope this helps
-Stew

Gary I took my 2011 R3R to a local m/c shop and had them simply move controls forward using same equipment and adding a bit of brake line. After powder coating it looks great and the bike is very comfortable now. I'm 6'5 and 57yrs so I know what you're going through. I hope this helps, Good Luck!

Attachments

• L Controls.jpg
    L Controls.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 368
  • L Contol Moved.jpg
    L Contol Moved.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 342
  • R Controls Moved.jpg
    R Controls Moved.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 315
Back