Fix/Mod Website for R3's ?

Actually just remembered that mine was the main cable operated by the key, so the 'fix' would be quite different. I'll try to recall what I did and provide instructions.

Went back thru my old posts and it looks like mine is only archived back to the beginning of December 2010. The post about getting the seat off was somewhere in 2008...sorry.

Dennis

Is there a way to post past entries that have already been done? I am thinking about my post on how to get the seat off (2007 R3 Classic) when the pull ring comes off...there were pictures and it might help someone out.

Dennis

It may be possible to do a bulk import of existing posts, an import script exists that I could modify for our purposes. However, there are some considerations:

1. We would have to find/locate all of the threads that the community wish to have copied and move them to a single temporary forum; which would take them out of where they are today - and break many established search engine and outside site/blog links to this site.
  2. Then I would run the import script and move the "special" threads over to a new category on the Rocket3 Tech system. They would move over successfully, but be put into one group. We would likely have to modify them a bit to make them useable in the improved format. So we could move them over, but would end up manually modifying them anyway.
If all of the active members of R3Owners.Net made a commitment to simply just copy/paste one existing article (or wrote a new one) we could accomplish the same thing in 30 days and likely have a better resource. There would be some duplication from older posts with the same information; but I wouldn't be breaking the links to hundreds of other sites.

My new Triumph site, that I'll update again soon, supports a nifty feature called "Promote To Article" where any registered member could nominate a useful forum post with the click of a button - which would automatically copy it over to a simple system to Rocket3 Tech. It's very nice, but am not sure this community is ready for a fundamental change in the forum/portal platform; especially if the Rocket3 Tech system could be populated with great content with just a group effort.

Let me know if anyone feels otherwise.

Went back thru my old posts and it looks like mine is only archived back to the beginning of December 2010. The post about getting the seat off was somewhere in 2008...sorry.

Dennis

Dennis, there was a configuration setting that limited searches to 500 results. I've increased the limit to 50,000 results. Try your search again and let me know if that helps.

Back