Fix/Mod Website for R3's ?

Gary1945

.040 Over
The honda VTXers have their Bareass Choppers tech website loaded with fixes and mods to include pictures and full text with them to do about anything on their VTX 1300 and 1800 bikes. Where is our website for this with pics and text to get it done. Like maybe the headlight start switch relay implant fix or however you want to say it. Thanks.

The software license is already purchased, so there's no financial need.

I should have been more specific, but the contribution I was referring to was just content - will members of this site actually write articles, how-to information, and contribute pictures if I make the feature available?

Hope this helps,

I'm sure there would be alot of interest from wannabe experts like myself. I tend to lose the will to live trolling through the search facility:confused:

Some folks may be expecting more information than what will be available, but at least it will allow everyone to start contributing.

The system is setup, after Pig9r and GPMAZ get a chance to help me with the layout I'll reach out for input. When we've got it tuned to how everyone prefers, we'll set it up live.

If there is some way I can help,? just ask . It sure was nice to be able to get that info and pics when I owned my X and it saved you much anxiety not knowing how to. It at least got you started and if you hit a bump,you asked other owners too,but you had some pics and text to go by. There is no guarantee you will do it right but you won't be far off,or if you have plenty of cash, take it to the dealer and get it done. I for one don't.

Strange.... I was thinking the very same thing again yesterday,( knowing I will soon need to change a rear tire) how nice it would be to have a web site like the one Gary mentioned at the start of this post. I was going to offer the space to set up a site for this reason myself.
All that would be needed in the simplest form would be a board on this site and the willingness of people to document and photograph the steps to do things, even the simplest of things, such as changing the oil.
Having the resource of Bareass choppers when it came time to do the valves on my VTX, was just the guidance and confidence I needed to set off on my own to do it.

I have always thought it was the one thing this community was lacking. I would encourage everyone to look at the bareass site for an idea of how helpful this type of undertaking would be to everyone, and to think about snapping a few pictures of the steps you perform the next time your doing rocket science to share with the community.... Bareass Choppers Tech Pages

Back