Fix/Mod Website for R3's ?

Prior to buying my Rocket, I owned a Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 and was a member of the Vulcan Riders forum on Delphi. There was a similar page to what was referenced earlier in this forum that I and most other Vulcan owners found invaluable as a "one stop" source for repairs and mods....here is the link:
Gadget's Fixit Page For Kawasaki Nomad & Classic Modification Maintenance & Repair

This might be a good model or starting point to build a Rocket page.

Over on BonnevilleAmerica.com we just have a forum called The Vault, restricted to moderator posting only, where we dump good technical info as we come across it. Thankfully every once in a while we have a member, strictly on their own accord, write up a how to and take some pictures. After nearly 10 years we have a decent amount of content for the "little" cruiser. :D Perhaps something like that could work here.

Not to kick a dog here but this is a fact. I have been up and down this internet looking for a OEM parts diagram showing all the parts for the rear caliper to front master cylinder for my R3R 2012 or the 2011 R3R and there is none.Or for that matter anything thing at all about OEM parts for either bike,its like it wasn't made.

Not to kick a dog here but this is a fact. I have been up and down this internet looking for a OEM parts diagram showing all the parts for the rear caliper to front master cylinder for my R3R 2012 or the 2011 R3R and there is none.Or for that matter anything thing at all about OEM parts for either bike,its like it wasn't made.

If your looking for OEM parts diagrams I use bikebandit.com but they only have up to 2010 models. The 2010 roadster will be close to the 11's and 12's roadster. They also give the part # and sell the OEM parts. For example new bear claw part #1392670 is $125 if someone messes up when cutting for triple filters.:eek:

If your looking for OEM parts diagrams I use bikebandit.com but they only have up to 2010 models. The 2010 roadster will be close to the 11's and 12's roadster. They also give the part # and sell the OEM parts. For example new bear claw part #1392670 is $125 if someone messes up when cutting for triple filters.:eek:

And for those in the UK this site is pretty good- Triumph Parts Locator » World of Triumph

The new system is online:

Rocket3 Tech

All registered members of R3Owners.Net are allowed to contribute information to it now, and the information is viewable by anyone (including guest users).

If you submit it, then you are the author of it.

The system is setup to allow replies to any contribution, in case another user wishes to add-to or otherwise enhance the information. However, authors are allowed to turn that option off on their respective posts if they wish.

The options and potential enhancements are extensive, but I thought it best to keep it simple to start and enhance features (or fix bugs) as needed.

The system looks simple to forum posts, it uses the same editor and has the same look. However, it supports a flexible database structure that allows us to tailor it to whatever we need. For example, we could build-in data fields that require contributions to include color, tire sizes, & etc; basically whatever would make the contributions helpful.

The Rocket3 Tech system is setup with a few categories, but I'll add/update whatever is requested.

Let me know your thoughts,

Is there a way to post past entries that have already been done? I am thinking about my post on how to get the seat off (2007 R3 Classic) when the pull ring comes off...there were pictures and it might help someone out.

Dennis

Is there a way to post past entries that have already been done? I am thinking about my post on how to get the seat off (2007 R3 Classic) when the pull ring comes off...there were pictures and it might help someone out.

Dennis

Where was this when I needed it?? Ring didn't come off but the cable had popped out of the slot. I was trying to get it off because the battery was flat and I was parked down in my car port - with a very steep drive. :mad: :mad: After much swearing and almost breaking the seat in half I finally got it off. Can't recall why I didn't post about but I can tell you having a suggestion or two would have been fantastic.

Back