Fishbein Rocket III Touring Black/White

2. The lights should be wired so the auxillary lights go off when the highbeam is engaged.

3. They're not engine guards. They're dresser bars. They will likely hold if you tip the bike over, but they're not going to hold up in much of a crash. I wouldn't bother with them unless I decided I needed a place to put highway pegs.

RocketDaryl, unfortunately, my lights were not wired that way, but I prefer 3 lights on nonetheless so I am seen. So, educate me, what's the difference between engine guards and dresser bars?

Ok, your original post said you had a problem with the digital tach read so that's where the confusion came from.
I wouldn't want the chrome side covers as I think that would look ugly. I notice they get warm but wouldn't believe they would be hot enough to burn.

CrazyTed, yeah, my bad on the "tach" confusion. Well, I like chrome a lot, but it could be overdoing it w/ the side covers. Anyway, w/ the Touring it appears it's not an option. They didn't make it. During the hot summer days I could feel the plastic side covers really heat up a lot, so I can imagine chrome. :cool:

The main difference between engine guards and dresser bars is liability. If your engine guards or crash bars fail to protect during and mishap the manufacturer, retailer,and installer all get sued. Dresser bars are just pretty chrome not meant to protect anything.

The main difference between engine guards and dresser bars is liability. If your engine guards or crash bars fail to protect during and mishap the manufacturer, retailer,and installer all get sued. Dresser bars are just pretty chrome not meant to protect anything.

Good explanation. So dresser bars don't purport to protect. Gotcha. :cool:

Back