Road Rocket

.020 Over
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Greetings from Australia. I've owned 11 bikes, but this is my first Triumph, so I decided to go for the biggest they got.

I've chosen James Dean as my avatar because he is so cool and he was born on the 8th of February, just like me, but that's where the similarity ends. :cool:

My last bike was a 2013 HD Super Glide Custom which is also a big bike, so it wasn't so intimidating for me when I first rode the Rocket.

Also, the dealer turned my orange indicators to black!!

Read this about the 2014 model I just purchased:

The world’s ultimate motorcycle moves out of pure cruiser territory and transcends into that of the ultimate muscle streetfighter with the new Rocket III Roadster. Coming in two mean and moody black colour options, metallic Phantom Black/Red stripe (the Redback) or an aggressive Matt Black/Matt White stripe alternative, the Rocket III Roadster is powered by an uprated version of Triumph’s iconic three-cylinder 2,297cc powerplant. Maximum power has increased over the outgoing Rocket III, with torque up by 15% to a mighty 224Nm and is now available unrestricted in gears 1, 2, and 3. Triumph’s sophisticated anti-lock braking system is fitted as standard to the Rocket III Roadster, the first time that an ABS system has been specified to the Rocket III platform. New ergonomics give the Rocket III Roadster a completely different riding experience from its predecessors while new rear suspension units have been designed to offer a more comfortable and controlled ride than the previous Rocket III, while the main components take on a blacked out appearance to reinforce the Rocket III’s bad boy image. Many components have been taken back to black, including the forks, yokes, rear springs, headlights, and mirrors. New silencers, one on each side, are the final touches. Those have been designed to release more power and torque and optimise the aural experience of the Triumph Rocket III Roadster.

Well take care guys and hope to see some of you on the road one fine day!! :)

Attachments

• 876544.jpg
    876544.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 107
Welcome from Houston, TX. I rode HD's too...still do, but the bike you just bought is a whole different animal. Enjoy it!!

Welcome from Louisiana!!! I just got my New Roadster. This is one Crazy beast!!! I sold my 2013 Streetglide to own this Bike. Im a Mod Addict. I already have Reband shorty Exhaust and K&N Filters ready to put on as soon as I get back home.!!!

G'day mate and Welcome .. lucky you hey .. some f#ckin great blokes in Brissy own and ride Rockets. All experienced riders that are great fun to ride with ,going to miss riding with the Brissy crew when I move over to WA next month. Some good fellas over there so sure I won't be short of blokes to ride with in the future. Know that all the Brissy fellas will be along soon and welcome you themselves.

Last edited:
Back